My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic music and toasts

ncm_pkt

Do any Texas Lodges play music in Lodge or outside of Lodge?

Do any Lodges have songs to sing to brothers who earned the next degree, gained a new officer position, or for any other reason?

bro.william

Premium Member
Not in Texas, but we have an opening and a closing ode at every stated meeting. (Respectively, they are "Hail, Eternal, by whose aid" and "Now the evening shadows closing". We also sing the first verse of "Abide with me" at the entry of the candidate to the 3rd.

edit: And we also sing to the newly installed WM at the festive board.

Last edited:

Keith C

Several of the Lodges in our district have either an organist or a pianist and they play music before and after lodge opens and also play accompaniment to the National Anthem. There are no specific songs that go with any part of our Blue Lodge Ritual.

The Grand Lodge has an organist and a soloist and in addition to before and after the opening of Grand Lodge, there are several organ pieces and solos done during Grand Lodge meetings.

My Lodge has an organ, but no one to play it!

Bloke

Premium Member
...Do any Lodges have songs to sing to brothers who earned the next degree, gained a new officer position, or for any other reason?

Speaking to the question internationally, yes, we have "Odes" in the Lodge room accompanied by Organist (which is a lodge position), and in the South (at dinner) we have other songs. Most lodges will have a lodge song- often themed around toasts and "drink to the bonds of friendship" and or to the Craft or Lodge...