My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Priest walks To Rome For Special Plea

From Agence France-Presse:
A French priest arrived in St Peter's Square on Wednesday after a 39-day pilgrimage, telling AFP he wanted to be reinstated in his parish despite being a Freemason.Father Pascal Vesin, a 43-year-old parish priest in the town of Megeve, was forced to resign from his public duties in May because of his Masonic link.A thickly-bearded Vesin, his face tanned by the summer walking and with a large rucksack on his back, was moved to tears as he told his emotional story.Vesin, who set off from Megeve on July 14, said he had been "wounded by the injustice" and had written to Pope Francis asking for his punishment to be lifted."I hope I am received by Pope Francis or one of his secretaries," he said, adding that he would stay in Rome until September 6 hoping for a papal audience.Vesin's diocese said he could no longer carry out his pastoral duties because he had chosen to be a member of both the Catholic Church and a Masonic order.The Church and the Freemasons have been at odds for centuries but Vesin said the two were compatible.He said he had received wide support for his voyage."I feel my initiative is in synch with what this new pope is preaching and seems to be starting," he said.His local diocese has said that "no door is closed" and the injunction against Vesin "could be lifted" but only if Vesin renounces Freemasonry.

More...