Masonic Sightseeing in Rome

Discussion in 'International Freemasonry' started by Antonis Provatas, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Antonis Provatas

Antonis Provatas Premium Member

Hi, I will be in Italy next month. Does anyone know of a Masonic interest sight or landmark I can visit in Rome? Thank you very much.

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

( there were some Italian Bros here... but I can't help - but enjoy your trip)

3. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

No first hand knowledge. But, I recall, several years ago a clandestine lodge committed the obligation punishments exactly as stated. Pretty horrific and brought condemnation to all legitimate lodges everywhere, not just Italy. If you visit a Lodge, make sure it is the real mccoy.

4. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Not only that, he has to make sure its the GL his GL recognises.

5. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

If you're referring to Propaganda Due and the murder of Roberto Calvi, there was nothing in regards to the obligation punishments. He was a member of a secret group whose members and names came from a clandestine lodge, but who had not been practicing Masonry for many years. Some people claimed that because he was hanged on Blackfriar's bridge and because the members of P2 supposedly called themselves frati neri (which can be translated as black friars or black brethern) that this somehow links it to Freemasonry. He was hanged, that was it. In fact, initially it was ruled a suicide.

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry