My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Websites

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Over the years I've amassed hundreds of masonic related bookmarks and for the last few days I've been cleaning them out. I was shocked to find that more than half are no longer in existence. This includes blogs, lodge websites, discussion forums, etc. Why do you think that is?

dfreybur

Premium Member
If fees are not paid, domain names expire. That leads to a slow decay of on-line data.

Most folks have plenty of passing interests but few abiding interests.

Bloke

Premium Member
Most folks have plenty of passing interests but few abiding interests.

I kinda agree. So many of my bookmarks are dead, if i find something really good, i save the file.

I put a fair bit of time into T3P and TSS sites and they just went one day... even my tyled forums have gone down cause the platforms ended.

It's hard, because lodges are not incorporated, even *their* web sites die because they sit with individuals rather than corporations.

The internet is a fast moving dynamic environment...

Bloke

Premium Member
Oh... and so much content has gone to facebook because it is free and meets the needs that once resided in your bookmarks..