My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonry is it a lifestyle or an Organization?

Phre-massen.nash

Masonry is a lot of things. An organization, a philosophy, a lifestyle for some (certainly the philosophies should be), and even a religion for some.

Masonry is many things. As we travel we come upon different levels of Masonry. In the Lodge settings when we go over business, it is an organization, when we start to study and correlate to authors and the books it may become philosophy, etc...

To me most of all Masonry is a way of living. If it were only an organization, then we would be in the college setting like the Fraternities. The way I live my life is based on the tenants of Masonry amd the tenants of my religion, which are comprised of the same tenant, values, and teachings.

EZFlyer

When I joined I expected a lifestyle change. You are in the process of becoming a better man. Therefore, some thing might change. Also, I tend to focus on the teachings as much as I can. When I got my EA degree I was so nervous. I had done so much research and I felt as if I still wasn't prepared. It gets easier as you journey. I do not believe it is a religion.

filmgeekben

One of the magnificent things I've found in Masonry is that it (as well as most things in life) are what you make of it.
For me, I try to make it a lifestyle. But I realize for some members it is more of an organization. Neither is wrong except when either goal detracts from the other.

widows son

Premium Member
Is say an organization that provides the path for a positive lifestyle, coupled with your faith or spiritual preference. JM2C

Bro. Kilpatrick

My opinion is that it is a organization and a way of life also. Masonry means different things to different brothers.

Freemason Connect Mobile