My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masons and the Military

cemab4y

Premium Member
I just started a new project in Kabul, Afghanistan. I have met one(1) mason here, and he is interested in starting an informal "square and compasses" club.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I just started a new project in Kabul, Afghanistan. I have met one(1) mason here, and he is interested in starting an informal "square and compasses" club.

Nice. Good luck with that. Would have been really nice to have something like that while I was down range.

jwhoff

Premium Member

Brother Martin, please get an e-mail off to Brother Allen Cleveland or myself with your new address. Cypress 1423 would like to again support your efforts going forward.

God bless and keep safe.

cemab4y

Premium Member
My new address is

Charles E. Martin
PLANATE
KAIA/NATC-A
APO AE 09320

If your lodge(or any lodge or individual) is interested in supporting us, I am delighted. If you wish to send candy/snacks to the troops I will be glad to distribute the items. If you would like to have a US flag, flown in the combat zone, I will get you one.

Txmason

Bro. Sutton,

Howdy! I am Bro. Jerry Johnston and an a member of San Jacinto Lodge A.F.& A.M. #106 in Willis, Texas. And a member of Howard Lodge A.F.&A.M. in South Yarmouth, MA on Cape Cod.

Hope you had an awsome Thanksgiving! I'm also a professional photographer and member of Arabia Shrine in Houston, TX.

Best,
Jerry Johnston

jwhoff

Premium Member
Brother Johnston, hope to see you at Grand Lodge this weekend. There will be many of us staying at the Victoria Inn Thursday and Friday evenings. Please feel free to drop by and meet a few of us. We'll have the run of the place from what I hear.

Ain't Grand Lodge great? I see folks every year who I only see once a year due to the distances here in Texas. Truly, the greatest wage in masonry is masonic brotherhood.:001_rolleyes:

cemab4y

Premium Member
I am returning to Afghanistan, in a couple of weeks. I will on a project that requires frequent in-country travel. I will not be in any one place, so that will make participating in Freemasonry difficult. I will just keep it on hold, until I return to the USA.

Bro. John

Yea if you can have a lodge chartered on the moon for god sakes why not Iraq/afghan? Don't makes since to make something just because. and no one will ever go to the moon. Give me a break! Make a lodge for our fighting brethren!

Freemason Connect Premium App

dj87

Bro darryl

Im gonna be in kandahar in a few weeks and was wondering if there were any lodges on base?

Last edited:

Dhahranswa

There is a PH lodge on BAF (Bagram Afghanistan) and 5 AF&AM lodges in Saudi Arabia under American Canadian Grand Lodge.

Last edited:

dj87

Thanks. Would you happen to know who i would contact. Ill be there mid april.

dj87

Hey brothers so it looks like im going to al udeid now and was wondering if there was any active lodges there and if so who could i contact.
Thanks
Bro darryl

Freemason Connect Mobile

cemab4y

Premium Member
I am returning to Kabul in a couple of weeks. There is no (regular) Freemasonry there, but I will set up an informal "Square and Compasses" club.