My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masons look to rebuild reputation of service

Zack

IMO the WMs idea that Freemasonry is a "community service organization" is an example of
the problems we are facing today. We are not the same as the Lions or Rotary clubs, the Salvation Army etc.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
IMO the WMs idea that Freemasonry is a "community service organization" is an example of
the problems we are facing today. We are not the same as the Lions or Rotary clubs, the Salvation Army etc.

Amen Brother!

Zack

I don't know about "quickly", but in my area it has been a gradual decline until it is now accepted by most of our own members that we are a "service organization", fostered in part by Grand Lodge. Publicity= members. It amazes me that some think because of this, men will be suddenly inspired to join.

IMO the blue Lodge should take care of worthy brothers, their widows and orphans and leave charity to those organizations which are more qualified to do them and do them well; ie Shrine, Scottish Rite, Kiwanis, Rotary, etc.

I have a difficult time subduing my passions on this particular subject. If I offended...
sorry bout that.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
IMO the blue Lodge should take care of worthy brothers, their widows and orphans and leave charity to those organizations which are more qualified to do them and do them well; ie Shrine, Scottish Rite, Kiwanis, Rotary, etc.

I have a difficult time subduing my passions on this particular subject.

+1 to both paragraphs.