Master Mason’s Degree aboard the historic aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. LEXINGTON

Discussion in 'Upcoming Masonic Events' started by Blake Bowden, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Oso Naval Lodge #1282 in Corpus Christi is again hosting the conferral of the Master Mason’s Degree aboard the historic aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. LEXINGTON, Saturday, September 8th at 8:00PM.

This event will be held in conjunction with the final Warden’s Retreat of the year and will feature some of the best Blue Lodge Ritualists in the State. Among those on the team are District Instructors Bob Mauch, Rick Brown, Larry Fitzpatrick and Wendell Miller.

In order to allow those attending the Warden’s Retreat an opportunity to view the degree, shuttle service will be provided to transport Brethren following the Retreat banquet held at the nearby Radisson Hotel to the ship.

The degree will be performed in the 3D MEGA Theater which features a 30-foot screen and a 12,000-watt state of the art sound system. The theater contains Stadium seating for 193 people, including an area for wheelchairs.

For those wanting to attend the Warden’s Retreat, please go to the Grand Lodge of Texas website to find out more and register prior to the deadline. Corpus Christi Warden’s Retreat registration deadline is Wednesday, August 29th.

Special Warden’s Retreat discount rates are available at the Radisson Hotel.

Corpus Christi Hotels: Radisson Corpus Christi Beachfront: Hotels in Corpus Christi

Cutoff date for group room discount is Thursday, August 23rd.

Come to Corpus Christi for fun, sun, sand, surf and lots of Brotherly Love.

Source: Brother Mike King, District Instructor 37-A

2. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

Brethren, just bumping this since the event is drawing nearer. There is no reserved seating, but all master masons are welcome!

If you do decide to attend, please remember to bring an apron. We will supply as many aprons as we can, but there are roughly 200 seats in the auditorium, and we don't have that many aprons. ;)

3. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

I just posted this on Google+. I wish I could make down there for it, but probably not going to make it.

4. Bro_Vick

Bro_Vick Moderator Premium Member

I will be there! I am here now at the Warden's Retreat.

S&F,
    -Bro Vick

5. Blake Bowden

I'm 99% sure I'll be there too! See you Brothers there!

6. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

It'll be great to finally meet you all in person!

7. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

This guy is envious...lol Why do I always end up reading things like the day of??? Enjoy it, Brothers!

8. Blake Bowden

I left too late so I was speeding to get there, and of course I got a ticket..lol..but fortunately I made it to the ship with 10 minutes to spare! I completely forgot that Mac was Master of the Lodge, he looked all serious sitting in the East :) Being on the ship was awesome and the Degree work was top notch. I know the theater sits 200 and I didn't see many empty seats! I wish I could of made it to the club afterwards for drinks, but I had to head back home. I highly recommend attending next year and we'll (MOT) do a better job of getting the news out. Thanks again to Wor. McNulty and the Brethren of Oso Naval Lodge #1282 for a memorable experience.

9. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

Any chance of not only getting the word out, but maybe coordinating a MoT group itself to go down for the trip? Like maybe getting a tally of people that want to go and seeing if there is a way that we can get a group discount at a hotel down there or something? Lol, I'd like to walk in someplace and say "Uh, yea, hi. I'm with Masons of Texas...." lol Or has something like this been attempted before and it not really work out too well?

Share My Freemasonry