My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MasterCraftsman II

Jamesb

Sitting on my desk right now is the 32nd essay. Which means that tomorrow the last test of this course goes into the mail

loythall

I just started Master Craftsman I. It is blowing my mind a little, but is very interesting. Congratulations on finishing MC II.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Congrats, Brother. I hope to be finishing the MCP I soon. I started it over a year ago and due to moving a few times, haven't been able to buckle down and get it done. But, I sent another test off a few days ago and got my days broken down to allow for a certain amount of time set aside for my Masonic studies. I can't wait to get to MCP II, so congrats!!

Plustax

sorry, cant say I've heard of Mastercraftsman tests. What are they and where does one get the material?

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
sorry, cant say I've heard of Mastercraftsman tests. What are they and where does one get the material?

The Scottish Rite (I'm referring to the Southern Jurisdiction; not sure if the Northern Jurisdiction has this program or something like it) came out with an educational program that goes in depth of the degrees and the meanings of the degrees. They call it the Master Craftsman Program.

It is a course that you can take from home by mailing in the tests to the Supreme Council, they grade it, and send it back with the next test. You use the Scottish Rite Ritual and Monitor and Guide and the Bridge to Light book as the books for the course. Once you complete the tests for the MCP I, you can move along to the MCP II. I have even heard of some Valleys teaching the course work at the Valley level instead of doing the tests at home by yourself. When you do it on your own, it is all self paced. The program is a very good tool to learn about the degrees and get a better understanding of the light. You should really check into it and consider getting it. When I got it, it was $35 and came with the Ritual Monitor and Guide.

Here is a link to the Supreme Council site for the program:
Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, S.J., U.S.A.: Master Craftsman Program

Hope this helps

Wingnut

Premium Member
Congrats! Thats a great accomplishment! Ive fallen way behind on my MC2 but have started back on it and about to turn in the second lesson. The essays do make you think! I think MC2 is much harder than 1...