Master's Hat

Discussion in 'The Voting Booth' started by jonesvilletexas, Feb 19, 2009.

?

Master's Hat

1. Western

26 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Dress hat

34 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. Don't care

26 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

What kind of hat do you think looks best in the east?

2. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Depends on the person. The WM (or acting WM) should wear the hat he prefers.

3. Smokey613

Smokey613 Registered User

What are the requirements or guidelines for the WM's hat?

4. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

It has to have a full brim. I like dress hats. Cowboy hat just isn't for me. I'm not too big on hats at all though.;)

5. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Same here... am a proud Texan but the whole "cowboy" thing just doesn't do it for me. I wear boots, but biker boots.

Plan on buying a Fedora, myself.

Speaking of hats, can't wait to bring my sailor's hat to the next MM degree -- for obvious reasons ;). Always good to have a little fun when one can.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  6. david918

david918 Premium Member

7. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I have a nice western hat...but I intend to have a little fun. much like the leaperchan hat..lol

8. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Umm, do you think that you will be able to wear the sailor hat in open lodge? It was my understanding that only the Master of the lodge could be covered.

9. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I for one like the "western hat" theme.

Our current WM chose to wear a fedora this year.

10. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

our WM last year if I remember started off in a western style and ended with a fedora; the older crowd grumbled everytime he pulled it out. Gotta love'em

11. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Don't wanna say too much sincd this isn't a tiled forum, but, don't think it'll be a problem for the short period required... especially since it has no brim, and can't be confused with the WM's hat. Will just have to see...

12. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I hate hats, but Dress hats would be my preference although I'd look like a dork either way.

13. Texas_Justice85

Texas_Justice85 Registered User

Our Past Master opened and closed with a sombrero in his last stated meeting as WM.

14. RJS

RJS Guest

That had to be an instant classic.

15. caeservi

caeservi Registered User

If I'm not mistaken, when the special degree teams confer a degree in costume, most of them wear head gear...but I could definitely be wrong

16. ravickery03

ravickery03 Guest

I think that some WMs feel like they have to wear a cowboy hat, when you can clearly see it's not for them. My suggestion would be for them to wear whatever they feel comfortable in.

17. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

Costumes are allowed i.e. sailor hat, I for one will go western but would wear a top hat at the drop of a hat, pardon my pun. lol I know many that just look plain silly in a cowboy hat TC Shelton wearing a cowboy hat still makes me giggle.

18. Ben Rodriguez

Ben Rodriguez Registered User

Western, specially for the Texas lodges! I thought it was a pretty neat thing the first time I saw it!

19. ragged tiger

ragged tiger Guest

I prefer dress hats, but not everyone can pull off wearing that type of hat. Western hats look pretty good on most of the WMs I've seen.

20. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

Yeah, that was probably my most uncomfortable moment I've ever had in lodge. :eek:

Share My Freemasonry