membership help

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by medic2doc, Sep 23, 2012.

1. medic2doc

medic2doc Registered User

I'm having trouble connecting with a local lodge. I'm very interested in becoming a Mason, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jim

James Tanis, MD
    James.Tanis@gmail.com
    Bayville, NJ, USA

2. widows son

widows son Premium Member

Contact you local lodge and ask to meet with the master or the secretary, then will give you all the info you need and get the ball rolling

3. widows son

widows son Premium Member

Of you go online and look up the closest lodge to you, it should have a web page that you can find contact info, I that doesn't work contact you area grand lodge and they can help you get in contact with someone

4. medic2doc

Thanks!

5. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

I've found myself in the same situation.
    I've been interested for quite some time in joining Freemasonry in the Fort Worth, TX area. I've attempted to look up and contact the lodges local to me to no avail; I get no response. I will try the Grand Lodge contact and see if that nets anything.

6. dreamer

dreamer Registered User

Jim, try this link for Lodges in New Jersey: http://10thdistrictnj.org/nj-lodge-locator/
    Also, if there is a Lodge near you I would think there is an outdoor display with the email and/or phone number for the secretary.

7. medic2doc

Thank you all again...I reached out to the Senior Warden of my local Lodge, Sunrise #288...waiting for a response.

Meetings are posted....is it ok to just show up?

8. robert leachman

robert leachman Registered User

Absolutely!!!

Might also try the local paper...not sure if lodges up there list their stated meeting nights or not.

Share My Freemasonry