Membership numbers

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by mrplod, Jun 22, 2014.

1. mrplod

mrplod Registered User

Greetings Brethren from Alabama, we are to have our Lodge annual communication on June 23rd and once again due to deaths and snpd our numbers are still dropping? I was wondering what most Lodges have as numbers of MM's on Lodge roll. My Lodge, Coosa Valley 929 F&AM Alabama will start out next year with 135 Master Masons on out rolls.
    Fraternal greetings, Brother
    Steve Greenall.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

2. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

Hello brother! I live just down the road from you in Rockford. My lodge is Ware No. 435 we have around 86 MM's on the rolls.

3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

My NM lodges are very different; one has 200+ MMs, the other has around 50. My CA lodge has 15, with 3 EAs.

Raymond Walters likes this.
  4. CTSloan

CTSloan Registered User

Hello Alabama brothers, I'm from locust fork #481. We have roughly 160 on the roll. Not a bad number for a small community in my opinion. My question to you is how many do you have on regular meeting nights?

5. Zack

Zack Registered User

65 members. 25-40 at meetings. Some are visitors.

6. Pscyclepath

Pscyclepath Premium Member

Southwestern Little Rock, AR: Membership has been hanging steady at around 130 for the past three years. Average stated meeting attendance is 20-25; 55-60 at the monthly family nights. Degrees, we pull in anywhere from 35 to 50, counting our traveling brethren.

7. goomba

We have between 6-10 show up.

8. CTSloan

CTSloan Registered User

That's a pretty good percentage, even with visitors.

9. CTSloan

CTSloan Registered User

Pretty good numbers for family night. How many stated meetings do y'all have per month?

I'm sure it's always the same brothers? Y'all meet twice a month?
    We usually have 20-30 at stated meetings and 25-35 at degrees counting visitors. I think the lack of participation of current members is a bigger problem than the numbers on roll dropping. I understand without new members eventually lodges will close but, our current membership needs to be there. I don't know the specifics of why they aren't coming and I understand some work nights, some have kids playing ball ect. What can we do to get our current membership active?

10. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

Masonic Atrophy is just like global warming. The best opinion that science has to offer is that the world has been getting warmer for 10,000 years. (No one was complaining about global warming when the leading edge of the glacier was in Indiana!) The truth is that things change over time. They always have and they always will. Man adapts to his enviroment. The trick is not to panic just because we have never seen the change before in our lifetime.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  11. Pscyclepath

Pscyclepath Premium Member

Stated meetings, once monthly on the first Thursday. We also meet every Wednesday and Thursday evening for fellowship and (supposedly) ritual practice & instruction. Each Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. until around 9:30 or so for coffee and candidate instruction. Community breakfast at the lodge on each second Saturday. Rainbow Girls meet every Monday, and Tuesdays belong to the OES. So there's usually something going on at the lodge every night of the week except Fridays and Sundays.

Family night has traditionally been a potluck meal with the Lodge furnishing a meat dish, but this year we have just slap outgrown what can be managed with potluck, so I prepare a basic meal for ~60 plates - meat, starch, and 2 vegetables - and whatever the folks bring in for potluck is extra... that way no one goes home hungry or at least unsated. This month's family nite will feature chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, fried okra, butterbeans, and cornbread. We're known for setting a pretty good table at degrees and meetings; the same guys who cook for the Scottish Rite temple downtown have their home lodge here.

Flatworlder and AmigoKZ like this.
  12. CTSloan

CTSloan Registered User

Y'all are a busy group.

13. goomba

It is the same ones. The "good" news to that is the majority of us have been Masons for less than 5 years. There has been two major issues that we are working of fixing. We currently have a few things in the works that will hopefully help. If not I'm content with our small numbers.

14. CTSloan

CTSloan Registered User

That is good news. I guess better to have 10 good brothers than 50 card toters.

15. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

You should check out the membership numbers at

www.msana.com

The Masonic Service Association of North America, keeps the statistics for all Grand Lodges in North America. The membership numbers are reported by each Grand Lodge.

Freemasonry in the USA/Canada hit its peak in the years after WW2, and has been declining ever since.

Raymond Walters and AmigoKZ like this.
  16. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

17. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

I do not that gentleman.

AmigoKZ likes this.
  18. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

19. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

nj showed an uptick this past year.

dmurawsky likes this.
  20. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

We have about 130 paying members but max 20 show up and usually 10 most of the time. We are close with alot of other lodges so we all help out each other when we can, like if were short chairs for a degree.

goomba likes this.

Share My Freemasonry