My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership Requirements

Dana

The requirements for a young lady to join Rainbow are as follows. She must be between the ages of 11 and 20 and either be a friend of a Rainbow Girl or from a Masonic home.

nick1368

Our local Rainbow Chapter has started a "cubbie" program. I think that is what they were called for younger girls. not sure what the age requirements are. I just over heard some Bro. talking about it.

K

ksparham

If a girl is younger than 11, there is also the option of becoming a Pledge girl. This is for girls 9-11 and they have some ritualistic work also but it is a lot less formal and they only meet once a month but they also help out with the Rainbow girls in their functions as well.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The requirements for a young lady to join Rainbow are as follows. She must be between the ages of 11 and 20 and either be a friend of a Rainbow Girl or from a Masonic home.

Thank you for the reply. This is just my measly .02, but wouldn't requirements such as these severely limit who may become a Rainbow Girl? I understand the age limit but to restrict it to friends of existing Rainbow Girls and/or Masonic Homes may hinder new members. For example, say a non Mason was out with his daughter and witnessed a charity or fundraising event sponsored by the Rainbow Girls and after a period of time she decided Rainbow was an organization she wanted to participate in. Would she not meet the requirements to become a member? I don't mean to put anyone on the spot but myself as I lack sufficient knowledge of your organization.

Dana

That is a very good question Blake.. and Yes of course she can become a Rainbow girl. Friend is a term that we use for non Masonic people. I forget you gentlemen have different rules. The girls that are interested in becoming a member all fill out a petition and the Assembly they are asking to join will go out in investigate the girl and get to know her making sure she is of good moral character they go back and report to the assembly their findings and then we vote. ... Now there are websites to get petitions and the girls also have parties to introduce outside girls to Rainbows as well as passing out information at large events such as the Shrine Circus and the victory over vilolence fun run. Just as examples. The last kid we got in was a friend of mines daughter. She is a friend of a Rainbow girl ... lol i was a rainbow girl a million years ago. I hope this helps.

K

ksparham

Like Dana was saying, often times we have "Prospect parties" and then when there is a girl that is interested we will continue to invite her to other activities we do so that by the time the girl is ready to be initiated she is usually already becoming friends with the girls so really she would be a friend by that time.