My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry 5 USC Sec. 6103!!!

Wingnut

Premium Member
So follow me on this one...

5 USC Sec 6103 states that Christmas is an official US Holiday ( US Code )

Therefore saying Merry Christmas is recognizing an official holiday. Can we not infer from this that it would be illegal for schools, communities etc to prevent us from recognizing a Federal Holiday? Is it not legally correct for public schools and municipalities to have Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, Christmas parties, etc. ?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
this is a great point. but then they'll say that code is unconstitutional, so no, it's just fine for them to prevent it.

i don't really see the point, though, i didn't go to school to celebrate Christmas or learn to pray, or to pray at all.

Wingnut

Premium Member
I doubt anyone in government will say that, since thats the code that says what days off they get paid for each year :)

HKTidwell

Premium Member
On topic
I love being in private industry. I just finished putting together Christmas cards for my clients. And even though we use different cards instead of just one most of them said Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year. What is somebody going to do sue me?

Off topic
I went to school for a well rounded education. And to be taught the process of learning, I think this is what most forget. School isn't to "limit" your education but to teach you the process of learning. Once you have finished school you have just begun a life long journey of learning.

I personally have no issue with schools teaching about different religions, I think it would be a good thing because that is part of life and if they teach any of the liberal arts then it can be argued you are teaching more then the practicals and are attempting to enlarge a persons life. While I do not thing that schools should embrace X as a manifesto I think it is important to teach people the importance of looking more in depth at all things.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I doubt anyone in government will say that, since thats the code that says what days off they get paid for each year :)

and the bankers, too! lol. i sooooo wish i had bankers' hours.

but i was more talking about the opponents of the word "Christmas" than the government.