My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Outlook 2010 Question

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
This has nothing to do with Masonry so that is why I am posting in here. There are some pretty smart and tech savvy Brothers here, so I figured I would ask here as well.

I bought Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 a while back. It was one of those one computer uses. My father got a brand new computer that he can't use anymore cause of his vision, and he gave it to me. I am in the process of transferring all of my stuff to the new computer. I know that I am going to have to end up buying another doggone copy of the Office suite, but I don't want to lose my emails that I have saved on this computer in my Outlook.

Does anyone know how I can transfer all those emails that I have saved to the new computer once I get Outlook installed and up and running? Any ideas would be helpful. Even if it is to tell me it is a lost cause...lol

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Rock on. Thanks for that. I didn't even see that on the Microsoft site. I had used the archiving at work out in El Paso, but totally forgot all about it. For some reason, it seemed more simple than the way its outlined on that link...lol

THemenway

Open a hotmail account, send the emails to that account. When you get the new outlook up an running, send yourself the emails from the hotmail account.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Now that I'm thinking about it... open a gmail account and never worry about it again ;-)