My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midwest Conference on Masonic Education

MarkR

Premium Member
I know this would be too far away for many of you, but some may be interested.

The Midwest Conference on Masonic Education is being held in Cedar Rapids Iowa, April 11-13, at the Masonic Library and Museum? I'll be there, and hope to see some of you. I'm really looking forward to the scheduled presenters:

Andrew Hammer – Past Master of Alexandria-Washington Lodge No. 22 at Alexandria, Virginia. Author of “Observing the Craft: The Pursuit of Excellence in Masonic Labour and Observance.â€

Mark Tabbert – Director of Collections at the George Washington Masonic Memorial. Author of several books including “American Freemasons, Three Centuries of Building Communitiesâ€, and “Secret Societies in America: Foundational Studies of Fraternalism†with William D. Moore.

William R. Kreuger – Assistant Librarian and Curator at the Iowa Masonic Library. Has overseen the Periodical Index Rerum Digitization Project and making research material available to the Masonic and non-Masonic world.

Patrick Craddock – Owner of The Craftsman’s Apron. The Crafts-man’s Apron is dedicated to providing Freemasons with the highest quality Masonic regalia, gifts, and personal effects available. Its goal is to help our noble Craft regain the elegance and dignity that was once the hallmark of Freemasonry and for their regalia to be recognized as the distinguished badge of every Mason.

John W. Hess – Grand Master in Missouri 2011-2012 will make a presentation on the new Missouri Masonic Research Library located at the Grand Lodge of Missouri AF&AM Masonic Complex 6033 Masonic Drive, Columbia, Missouri.

George J. Harrison – Grand Marshal of the Grand Lodge of Iowa in 2012-13. He has worked at creating an on-line educational program and a mentoring program for the Craft.

S. Brent Morris – An American author who writes on Freemasonry. He is a 33° Scottish Rite Mason and currently editor of “The Scottish Rite Journalâ€. He is the first American to be elected as the Worshipful Master of Quatuor Coronati Lodge, the oldest Masonic Research Lodge, 2007-2008. His books include: “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Freemasonry†and “Is it True What They Say About Freemasonry? The Methods of the Anti-Masons, Revised Edition†with Arturo De Hoyos.

Shawn Eyer – Director of Communications for the George Washington Masonic National Memorial. He is a writer on Masonic symbolism, history, ritual and philosophy. He is Editor of the Philalethes Society magazine.

You can get more information and register for this conference online at http://grandlodgeofiowa.org/education/m ... education/