My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moon

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
dNLPd.gif

Pointwithinacircle

Actually, you don't have to believe anything that you do not want to believe. One of the principles upon which Masonry is founded is Liberty, which at it's core is the right of each man to believe what he wants to believe. The greater mystery to me is why a man would choose such a belief.

zouzoum

Actually, you don't have to believe anything that you do not want to believe. One of the principles upon which Masonry is founded is Liberty, which at it's core is the right of each man to believe what he wants to believe. The greater mystery to me is why a man would choose such a belief.

All what I wanted from this post is an answer from a scientific point of view about landing on the moon.. and I agree about liberty but I am asking for facts not fpr mistery stuff

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
All what I wanted from this post is an answer from a scientific point of view about landing on the moon.. and I agree about liberty but I am asking for facts not fpr mistery stuff
We usually deal with Anti-masonic sentiment here however this is my first encounter with an Anti-Moon landing ist?

As for proof, the rocks that were brought back have mineral content that is not found on this planet. However the composition is such that it has resulted in the accepted theory that the moon was broken off from our planet in a violent collision and not an object that coalesced on its own when our planet was formed.

ej6267

The facts are already out there and have been for decades. At the risk of presumption, may I ask if you are suggesting that we didn't land on the moon? If so, I'm afraid no amount of evidence or facts will convince. In the words of the late Sen. Moynihan, you are entitled to your opinions, not your own facts.

MarkR

Premium Member
You're not asking for facts, because as was stated above, the facts are freely available. The "evidence" proposed by those who don't believe the moon landing happened has all been debunked, such as on the show Myth Busters. You clearly have rejected the evidence and want to reject any further statements by any of us. So, like I do in dealing with anti-Masons, since I know that nothing I say or show you will change your mind, I'll simply say "very well, believe what you will."

RyanC

I think you want just a yes or no of it happened. The answer is yes, we did land a man on the Moon.

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
Haha! To think somebody wakes up in the morning and thinks to themselves that they've got nothing better to do with their lives than sign up to a freemason discussion board to troll about the moon landing. It takes all kinds, folks!

zouzoum

Haha! To think somebody wakes up in the morning and thinks to themselves that they've got nothing better to do with their lives than sign up to a freemason discussion board to troll about the moon landing. It takes all kinds, folks!

We have to be tolerant

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
I should be tolerant of people, but I don't "have" to be. And I'm not tolerant of ignorance. I have about as much patience toward this as I do 9/11 truthers, flat earth theorists, and anti-vaccination nuts.

What's weird about all this is that as Freemasons, who are consistently victims of conspiracy nuts, you'd think we'd be more hesitant to believe other conspiracies. Unless, I guess, you are a freemason who actually believes we are in charge of the world and run all the banks.

zouzoum

I should be tolerant of people, but I don't "have" to be. And I'm not tolerant of ignorance. I have about as much patience toward this as I do 9/11 truthers, flat earth theorists, and anti-vaccination nuts.

What's weird about all this is that as Freemasons, who are consistently victims of conspiracy nuts, you'd think we'd be more hesitant to believe other conspiracies. Unless, I guess, you are a freemason who actually believes we are in charge of the world and run all the banks.

Dont just make assumptions about me to defend ur point .. it was just a question and u r giving it more than it should have ...just relax bro

Sent from my GT-I9500 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
So now I have to believe that because is a mason who landed ?

You may believe anything you like. People believe all kinds of foolish things, but most of them don't choose Masonic discussion forums to air those foolish beliefs. Why are you here?

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
We have to be tolerant
Tolerant of what? The crackpot notion that the moon landings were all an elaborate ruse? I disagree. Such notions deserve all the derision that can be heaped upon them. Now, the fools who actually believe such notions? It might be argued that they deserve some kind of tolerance, but I'd say that pity is more appropriate.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
It always surprises me when people have ideas that are foreign to me. It fills me with sweet wonder and amazement. I try not to judge as i dont want to be judged myself. I might well hold ideas very foreign to other people.

I am interested to find out where ppl get their ideas and willing to present them with a different view, but in the end, its their choice to adopt or ignore it. And vice versa of course.

All the above applies for me, even if ideas seem weird, silly, abnormal or just plain wrong. Dont get annoyed or worked up, just wonder.