My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My brother

tbone1321

Premium Member
What does my brother mean to you? To me being a brother is more than just a being a friend. I have learned that being in masonry and being a brother is a big responsibility. I have become closer to the group of brothers in my lodge in the short time I have been a mason than that of some friends I have known for years. And when I meet another mason there is an instant connection to them than there is with some of my best friends. I feel closer to the guys in my lodge and brothers I just meet than with friends I have known for years. My time in masonry has been some of the best times I have ever had and I thank all the brothers here on the forum that have been nothing but generous to me and that to me is what masonry is about. Being a brother has changed my life forever and has brought so much happiness in my life. So remember when you see your brother in lodge remember that this man is YOUR BROTHER and will go to the end of the world for you and you should do the same, even if there are issues between the two of you remember that obligation and realize you are family now and no contention should ever exist between you. Any way sorry if this is rambling but that is how I feel and thank everyone on Here for helping me find more light in my travels I love all my bothers thank you

LukeD

There are a few Brothers in Lodge who I really look up to, and who dedicated a lot of their own time and efforts to helping me get raised. We are not perfect, and will definitely error as Masons, but it's Brothers like them that make me try a little harder to live by the principals of our organization.

tbone1321

Premium Member
You are 100% correct I just felt like telling how I felt I have had a few things going on with a brother at my lodge and after some soul searching and prayer I realized that I made an obligation to myself and to my brothers and it was not right for me to hold any contention toward them. But thanks for commenting on my post

jwhoff

Premium Member
Masonry breaks down the walls of discontent and disassociation. If you can't find friendship in the lodge you have a little personal work to do. Truly, in this fraternity you're never alone.

I was speaking with a brother from Ireland on just this subject a few weeks ago. He's traveled the world some and notes the same can be said for men finding themselves in much different cultures. The bond prevails.

Scott J

After reading your post a few times I realise that there is nothing more I can add to it. You summed it up very well Brother.

But being a new Mason, I personaly thought that it was just so cool that when the "older" brothers in the lodge called me by my name, it felt as if I had known them all my life.