My first time visiting another Lodge

Discussion in 'The Traveling Freemason' started by Bro Darren, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Bro Darren

Bro Darren Premium Member

Last night I was initiated into Freemasonry and tonight I have the privilege of visiting, attending and celebrating an EA initiation degree.
    I cant wait to sit back, relax, enjoy and see the ritual from the sidelines.

This week sure has been a week of firsts and I look forward to welcoming a new Brother for the first time.

Bill Lins likes this.
  2. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

Congrats on your Initiation and well done in getting to see an Initiation so quickly while it is still very fresh in you mind.

3. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

Yes that should help with ur lecture congrats

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App

4. Bro Darren

Bro Darren Premium Member

I really enjoyed last night and its amazing just how much i missed during my own initiation due to be overwhelmed with it all. Last night sure did shed some light on a few things :)

Bill Lins likes this.
  5. ABE

ABE Registered User

Welcome brother! It only gets better :)

Entered-10/18/2013 JMC-3/1/14
    Passed- 1/1/2014 SMC-3-12-14
    Raised- 2/28/2014 JD- 4/1/14
    Stewart Manor-St Albans Lodge #56 F&AM GLONY

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I was initiated as an EA a little over two weeks ago and attended an EA initiation two night ago. It was quite enjoyable.

Agent 47 and Bill Lins like this.
  7. Pscyclepath

Pscyclepath Premium Member

Attending another degree shortly after you received your own is a really good way to get started learning your proficiency lectures. My lecturer was taken ill shortly after I got my master's, and I finally went to enough degrees that I could muddle through my master's proficiency two months later. My mentors started taking me traveling shortly after I was initiated, and I sort of got hooked on it... in two years, I've been able to visit 42 different lodges so far...

Agent 47, Bill Lins and Blake Bowden like this.
  8. James Bell

James Bell Registered User

I was initiated into Lodge Loudoun Killwinning No. 51 (Scotland) in 1966 and still attend regularly. I enjoy visiting other lodges especially to witness a new member being initiated. I hope you enjoy your journey in the craft.

Blake Bowden likes this.
  9. sjwb

sjwb Registered User

I was initiated in April and this week saw another initiation at another lodge. Helped complete my understanding of my own. Have seen our lodge's installation and seeing another installation next week. Helps reinforce everything and I completely understand why I have been strongly encouraged to visit

Steve

dfreybur likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Three nights after I was raised I visited another lodge for my first meeting as an MM. I liked this lodge and the brothers there so much that I eventually became a plural member.

11. flipster

flipster Registered User

Got to get ready for a double FC tonight at 7 p.m.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

Good luck and enjoy.

13. flipster

flipster Registered User

Went well. Excellent men, and glad to have them aboard.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  14. Agent 47

Agent 47 Registered User

I Entered on 9/19 and got to visit another lodge a couple weeks later. It really helped and I appreciated it more after seeing other brothers get initiated.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  15. Warrior1256

You will probably learn a lot more about ritual by watching others being initiated, passed and raised. If you are anything like me you remember very little about your own, especially EA and FC.

Travelling Man91 and Bloke like this.
  16. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I remember mine pretty well. I can still hear some of the voices and see faces, esp on my third and first

Warrior1256 likes this.
  17. Warrior1256

I remember quite a bit of my MM but the EA and FC is a blur.

18. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

I remember parts of my degrees very clearly. But not the lectures in the first and third degrees. I went into my first degree cold not even knowing there was an altar in the center of the room. By the time we got to the lecture I was overwhelmed by the amount of new material. I was impressed that a man could memorize all of that. The third degree lecture, being 20+ minutes long, also overwhelmed me.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  19. Warrior1256

Of the three degrees I remember the least about the EA even though I was told beforehand to pay attention. I think that it was because I knew absolutely nothing about what I was going through and therefore could not absorb much.

dfreybur likes this.
  20. Agent 47

Agent 47 Registered User

I actually remembered a lot of my EA. I was a standout at proficiency for the FC. After I passed I was praised by the GL officers, Past Masters, and visitors in attendance. My sponsor held the seat in the south was very proud also.. Very good moment..

Share My Freemasonry