My home interview is TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Sean Hunter, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Sean Hunter

Sean Hunter Registered User

My home interview is scheduled for this evening and i'm nervous and excited at the same time. Whats should i expect but more importantly ,would are some good questions to ask. I've interested in being a Freemason in years and i don't want to make a bad impression at all.Please help.(Side Note..Im in Louisiana)

2. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

Be yourself. Let them see who you are with no pretense. They will ask questions and so will you. Its more a conversation in my experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my home visit. I hope you will have the same experience. Best of Luck.

Bro. Stewart P.M. and Bloke like this.
  3. Overworked724

Overworked724 Registered User

My interviews, which were split up due to logistics of availability within the investigation committee assigned to me, were very jovial and positive. Just be yourself as the brother above mentioned.

My side recommendation: In my case, the brethren met me right after working hours in the evening, so they were coming direct from work (like me) to my home. Since they were taking time away from what was probably their dinner hours, we offered up some cookies/tea/coffee/soda. =-) Probably a nice thing to consider regardless of the time of day.

Good luck! Sure you will do great!

Bro. Stewart P.M. likes this.
  4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Be more excited than nervous - but don't hesitate to tell them you're both !

5. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Be sure to check the silverware after they leave. I'm kidding of course. Good luck and let us know how you think it went.

Howard Giang likes this.
  6. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Relax, be yourself.

All the Brethren are there to do is formulate a better idea of the kind of person you are in your home environment. A simple get to know you meeting. Feel free to ask them anything on your mind about the Fraternity. You will get an honest and straightforward answer.

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

How did it go?

8. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Feed em, that always work. Like you said you're in Louisiana..

9. acjohnson53

No one can refuse a good southern meal. The first impression is a lasting impression...

LK600 and Howard Giang like this.
  10. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

I wouldn't serve Chitlins though.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. acjohnson53

just can't eat everybodies chitlins, by virture of my up bringing...

Bro. Stewart P.M. likes this.
  12. bupton52

bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

That is a fact!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

13. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Y’all crack me up.

Share My Freemasonry