My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Son

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Brethren,

I've been off the internet for a while. I wanted to brag a little on my son. Bryce is a MM at Huntingdon Lodge No. 106 in Huntingdon TN. He virtually graduated from Bethel University with a BS in Criminal Justice and a minor in Military History and Leadership on 9 May.

He was also commissioned a 2nd lieutenant via the Army ROTC program at the University of TN. at Martin. It wasn't a easy road, his school didn't have a ROTC program, so he had to travel 50 miles round trip 4-5 days a week during his junior and senior year. He carried a full load, plus his shooting team commitment to Bethel.

Bryce selected the Infantry Branch and will be a PL with, C troop, 1st squadron, 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment. He's going to have to wait a while for the infantry basic officers leadership course because of the virus backing things up. In the meantime the Army is going to use him as a Gold Bar recruiter. He also volunteered for Ranger and Jump School.

This old grunt is really proud, His commissioning ceremony was virtual, with one guest and cadre I got to pin his bars on. The honor of his first salute went to one of his former high school teachers, who is also a Brother.

He wants to go to law school or grad school to study public administration.

Attachments

• firstsalute.jpeg
    firstsalute.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 592