My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My story

bpire2002

My story begins with my grandfather and seeing his Masonic ring as a young boy. I was probably 5 or 6 but the square and compasses stayed with me. I never knew anything about the fraternity until I was about 16 and my father told me about it. When I was 25 I found my grandfather membership certificate and was immediately interested because I recognized the square and compasses I had seen as a boy. I petitioned my local lodge and after receiving my EA degree I was raised to the sublime degree as a master mason one month later. I proudly wear my masonic ring and my grandmother gave me his bible which is 74 years old. I am currently working on my C certificate with the same man who taught me my work. Joining the fraternity has been one of the best things I have ever done (except for asking the lord into my heart and marrying my beautiful wife). I hope to one day sit in the east and teach the lessons/work of the degrees to new masons. God bless.