National Supreme Council A.A.S.R.

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by Shahkem, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

If a territory doesn't have a GL of its own, how is it infringement? Isnt that how pretty much every GL in the states was founded? by multiple GLs founding lodges in a territory then those lodges consolidate and form a GL? I don't see how either of these things are grounds for recognition to be pulled. Especially when PH is trying so hard to get recognition from our side of the family tree. If you guys don't even recognize each other how do you expect us to?

and just for clarification I think every state needs to recognize its PH counterpart.

JB93 likes this.
  2. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

The USVI falls under FL jurisdiction as well as Belize & Central America and btw lets not start pointing fingers a few of you guys GL' s are pulling recognition from each other because of Men's sexual preference

3. Ripcord22A

Not pointing fingers. I don't agree with the pulling of recognition for that either. And I don't agree that GA and TN should ban gay men either. But they are a sovereign entity and can do as they want, as can PHA FL...doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I didn't know that PHA FL covers that much ground. That must be hard on the GM, travel wise.

4. mrpierce17

Oh yes our GM is always at work feel free to take a look at our website it's right there soon as you login in our GL name

http://www.mwuglflorida.org/

5. JB93

JB93 Registered User

What do you mean by this statement below? Im just trying to understand everything btw..

I didn't know that PHA FL covers that much ground. That must be hard on the GM, travel wise.[/QUOTE]

6. Ripcord22A

the MWUGLoFL, which is the PHA GL of FL, covers Belize and all the countries of Central America and the USVI the GM must be traveling all the time. and the GL must haveone hell of an expense account

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  7. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

So the Virgin Islands are a disputed territory that has become even more disputed. What a mess. Bureaucrats will love to deal with that paperwork.

Usually jurisdictions ask each other and grant permission and no one worries. But since neither LA nor FL have recognition within their states that's not an option. Everyone needs to complete the set on local recognition so this sort of nonsense smooths itself out. "Hey Brothers across the hall, any objection if we charter a lodge in Outer West Wawhovia?" "Nah, go for it." "Cool, we'll send a FAX to make it official." "What's a FAX?" "Never mind we'll send paper snail mail." "Or you could deliver by hand at a Stated meeting next week. Just saying."

It's very confusing to have it linked to a fraud case.

8. mrpierce17

Simple fix who was there first??

dfreybur likes this.
  9. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

10. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Hmmmm, isn't that the same solution which saw PH GLs and Lodges outside the mainstream of Freemasonry for hundreds of years? With hindsight, "who is first" is not always the best solution or clear cut...

dfreybur and Ripcord22A like this.
  11. mrpierce17

Even in that situation wasn't it still the lodge that was recognized and there first for instance if a IF&AMM who aren't recognized outside of there own circle where to move into a Territory in witch there was no GL of state or PHA GL if either of the two above where to move in would they write that GL notifying them of their plans to establish lodges in that area ,a lodge that isn't recognized doesn't necessarily play by anyone's rules they make up there own as they go

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  12. Ripcord22A

IF&AAM? never heard of them. if they are in irregular group then no they wouldn't. As for PHA and State GLs UGLE says that PHA is regular, they may not all recognize each other BUT.....Lets look at it like this....
    Mars: no lodge there; TN PHA establishes one, Then TN GL establishes one. Since TN and TN PHA don't recognize each other its no big deal. No difference then TN PHA establishing a PHA GL in TN even though TN GL already existed- 2 regular but not mutually recognizing entities operating with in each others area. Now Both of those GLs get 3 or more constituent lodges who join together to form their own GLs. They can then decide if they will recognize each other.
    Where there would be a problem is if after said MARS GL or Mars PHA GL was formed that a GL that recognized them also tried to form their own lodge with our permission. getting permission to do so is not unheard of.....

13. mrpierce17

That's my point exactly and the above was a typo IF&AMM International free and accepted Modern Mason

14. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

Not to mention MF&AM

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

15. mrpierce17

In regards to two lodges that don't recognized each other it doesn't really matter but when you have two regular lodges that do recognize each other up to that point there's going to be a problem , if the GL of FL decided to start forming lodges in TN or one of their jurisdictions/ territories with out permission and I doubt they would get it being TN was already established there the new lodge should come up under GL of TN because they are already there wouldn't you think

16. Ripcord22A

ok so LAPHA and FLPHA did recognize each other but then LA chartered a lodge in the USVI?

17. mrpierce17

Yes

18. Ripcord22A

ok. Did FL then just straight pull recognition or was there correspondence asking them to leave?

19. mrpierce17

Correspondents where sent out

20. Ripcord22A

Alrighty then. Pull recognition all day long in that situation. Im by no means a subject matter expert in masonic jurisprudence but I think it is justified in this case. Thanks for clearing that up Brother!

Share My Freemasonry