My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NC York Rite Festival Options??

Kenneth NC Mason

Greetings Brothers

I'm considering doing York Rite by the end of this year and have some options as far as hoe different bodies do their degrees

The ones I'm debating about joining

Raleigh- Does the Chapter/Council in One Day and Commandry in another
Elizabeth City- All Degrees in a single day
Fayetteville- All degrees split into three month sections ( Chapter one month , Commandry another Etc)

For those that have gone through the degrees , which option would you do and why??

Also I'm considering joining OES...

As a MM barely in for a year , is it worth the $$$$??? For OES I mean

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Last edited:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
My dad was stationed there for 26 years, retired to the training center, then finally made it as far as Raeford. A decade or so later he's all the way out in Whispering Pines!

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Fayetteville is my recommendation. Gives you more time to digest everything. I took the York Rite degrees over a 6 month period or 6 sessions.

Kenneth NC Mason

Fayetteville is my recommendation. Gives you more time to digest everything. I took the York Rite degrees over a 6 month period or 6 sessions.

After talking to the York Rite secretary of Fayetteville, I think the way they do it where it's split into three months is the most logical. That way I can digest it all ..and transferring my membership to Raleigh York Rite ( which is a 20 min drive from my college vs Fayetteville which is a hour) is just a matter of the two see retries chit chatting.

Warrior1256, what state are you in?

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry Pro

Companion Joe

Premium Member
You probably wouldn't have to petition the bodies associated with the Fayetteville festivals. You should be able to petition your local bodies and just tell them you prefer to get your degrees in Fayetteville. When our association holds a festival, it's not uncommon for someone from a different area to come because of scheduling conflict or whatever.

I am actually going to the a York Rite meeting tonight in Asheville.

ChristopherNance

Brother Kenneth. I am a member of the Raleigh York Rite bodies. Just so you know we have already done the council and chapter degrees earlier this month. So I'd recommend you doing yours with Fayetteville. Let me know if you want to know anything else about our group.

Sent from my SM-S975L using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
For those of you who are Prince Hall York Rite,do you take all of your degrees in one day or do you take them one at a time?

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry Pro
I'm in Florida I did the HRA on the York side ours was took about 5 months but I opted to get exalted at the GL in a statewide exaltation it was beautiful and I definitely recommend to slow option gives you time to soak everything up either way you can always go back and freshen up on each degree if you opt for the quick route just go to your chapter meetings and ask questions that's what the companions are there for

Kenneth NC Mason

I'm going through the YR degrees starting next week

On Wednesday I'm going through the Mark Master through Most Excellent Master

Saturday Royal Arch through First two Templar orders

Then on September 28 I'm going through the order of the temple in a castle in Jamestown

The degree is being put on by the Grand Commandry of NC so I'll be knighted by the REGC

I am VERY excited

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro