need feedback

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by acjohnson53, Jan 24, 2018.

1. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

2. David612

David612 Registered User

Since you asked for feedback..
    Personally I don’t understand what purpose it is supposed to serve?
    To me it comes across like bragging and self congratulating which is ugly.
    Additionally I hate it when the square and compass is used in place of a letter, especially when the square and compare has a freaking G in the middle of it.

That may just be me though, I have no idea if you made this or what not but honestly that is what comes to my mind, I mean no offence.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Travelling Man91 likes this.
  3. acjohnson53

i'm not offended, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

It tells a story, more than "bragging" externally it reminds us what our values should be - I think that's the best value of graphics like these..

5. David612

David612 Registered User

To whom is it targeted? It just strikes me as a modern bumper sticker which oversimplifies an idea or tries to be clever but loses its meaning, 2b1ask1 for example..
    Personally I’m yet to see a great masonic meme but I think our images are better used in a visual medium for the general population.

6. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

2b1ask1 in most cases is an oxymoron. Reason being, often too many times we are approached by a potential candidate about how to join our craft and the only response given is "2b1ask1", as if he will become one just because he asked. The pharse holds true if you educate the brother on how to join since "he asked 1 (meaning you) to become one (meaning him)" instead of just saying 2b1ask1 and leaving the wondering brother more confused.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using My Freemasonry mobile app

WX2CIB and JanneProeliator like this.
  7. Travelling Man91

I definitely think its describes our brotherhood in the sense of "what it should be". As far as the actions behind the words, I could beg to differ in some instances. Its easy to share memes describing what we should be, but what about letting our work speak for itself ? Are we not doing enough where we dont have to boost to make ourselves feel more important and draw members in?

David612 likes this.
  8. David612

David612 Registered User

To me there’s something mundane and common about memes and the culture around them and our fraternity is anything but that.

Travelling Man91 likes this.
  9. Travelling Man91

Your right, I dont think there are enough words that could be said that would completly describe how great our brotherhood is. One would have to join to get the full effect.

Bloke and David612 like this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I see nothing at all wrong with it. Myself, I like it.

11. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

While I don't like the symbol being used as a letter, I think the meme(?) is appropriate and positive. It alludes to our nature and could be found attractive to like minded non-masons. As long as they are done in good taste, I'm okay with it.

dfreybur likes this.
  12. acjohnson53

People, I post stuff that I find on different sights, not alluding to anything,, I just find it interesting and I want to share, I'm not trying to make a statement....

Share My Freemasonry