My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need someone with computer smarts

tomasball

Premium Member
I need to find a Scottish Rite Mason who has a good understanding of DVD authoring, who can help me figure out how to do a project for use by the SR.

Tom Ball
San Juan 1173

tomasball

Premium Member
I have for a couple of years been creating, little by little, animated backdrops we have been rear-projecting on a screen for use in staging Scottish Rite degrees at out-of-town venues. In the 32nd degree, for example, I have created a virtual tour of the "camp" of that degree...tents with flapping banners, the scene shifting from one part of the camp to the other as the degree proceeds. I have previously used a program called MultiMedia Builder to author and display the show...it's a bit like PowerPoint, with a couple of additional bells and whistles. What I would really like to do is convert the show to DVD, but it needs to do some tricky stuff like linger on a looping clip before proceeding to the next clip, if you see what I mean (which you might not, I'm a bad explainer). I need someone with a good understanding of DVD authoring to advise me and perhaps steer me toward software with the features I need.

tomasball

Premium Member
Not really. I want it to play more like a video game. Let me describe what it does. The scene shows an overview of the camp. On command, the camera seems to swoop in to the camp and halt at an individual tent. We see banners flapping in the breeze (a looping video). When the actor has finished delivering his lines for that part of the camp, a command is entered in the laptop and the camera appears to move through the camp, arriving at another tent, where it stays, watching those flags fluttering, until a command sends it to the next tent, and so on. Does that make sense?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
get someone to make the video in "Flash"

you can make it do anything, especially like that.

tomasball

Premium Member
Flash had occurred to me, but I have a lot of trouble wrapping my head around the Flash universe. Perhaps I can find a knowledgeable brother interested in conspiring on a project like this.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
yea, it'll take someone with experience to do the flash work, but it will probably work really well for what you need. it's perfectly suited. there are other ways, i'm sure, but flash is probably one of the better.