My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Bern Valley (NC) Spring Reunion.

Tony Siciliano

Premium Member
Well, day one is complete. Whew... what a day. We made it through the first 22 degrees, except the 18th degree. We'll start with that in the morning.

The information came at us with a fire hose... the MC1 will be ordered ASAP.

I get to give the class speech at the end, so I need to come up with something... oh boy.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Well, day one is complete. Whew... what a day. We made it through the first 22 degrees, except the 18th degree. We'll start with that in the morning.

The information came at us with a fire hose... the MC1 will be ordered ASAP.

I get to give the class speech at the end, so I need to come up with something... oh boy.

Good luck! I am sure that you will do just fine!

Tony Siciliano

Premium Member
Thanks Brethren!

Pretty amazing weekend. We had 20 brothers in our class. Folks came from all over Eastern NC - I think Fayetteville (Ft Bragg area) was the farthest, about 120 miles. I was the active candidate for the 5th degree, reprising my role as HA from the 3rd (lol).

The home cooked food each day was amazing. Like on of my classmates said, someone paid attention to what momma was doing in the kitchen when they were growing up.

Well, my class speech was a hit. I don't think anyone expected me to give a 'real' speech. But, I took the opportunity to talk about some of the Masonic Education topics that are important to me. Masonic Education is a pet-peeve of mine. Of course I thanked the assembled PGMs (3 of them!), 33°s, KCCHs, etc. who took time out of there lives to put on a very nice Reunion. There were over 100 people there to support 20 petitioners.

I also got a chance to flip through Arturo de Hoyos` "The Scottish Rite Ritual Monitor and Guide". For those that don't know, that book is like 7" think. It's HUGE. I'm looking forward to ordering MC1 next payday.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Bro. Tony- I have only been able to log on here and there the last few days cause of starting my new job and a few other personal things, but I really wish I would have been able to see your first post on April 1st so I could be one of the guys telling your congratulations on joining the Scottish Rite. So, CONGRATS!! The Reunion is something else, huh?

That is really awesome that you got to be the candidate in the 5th degree. I did my Reunion back in October and we had a pretty small class (only eight of us). So, needless to say, we each got the opportunity to take part in multiple degrees. I didn't get to be the candidate in the 5th degree, but afterwards that is one that I would really have liked to taken a part in.

I am sure that you are going to enjoy the MC1. It is really awesome. The only downside to it is the waiting for the next test to come in the mail...lol Thankfully, they aren't really backlogged or anything and it comes in within a few days, but just waiting for it to arrive and see what the questions are and what you are going to be studying was a chore for me...lol

Again, welcome to the Scottish Rite and congratulations. If you ever end up in Texas (specifically the DFW, Waco, or Austin areas), make sure you let me know and we can link up, break some bread, and I'll go with ya to check out the Scottish Rite Temple in that area.

cacarter

Premium Member
Congrats Brother! I just got done with the spring reunion in the Lubbock Valley. You aren't kidding when you say the information comes at you through a fire hose.