New Fundraiser Idea

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by nick1368, Jul 31, 2010.

1. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I thought there was a place to post ideas about fundraisers but I couldn't find it. I am going to post here and if it needs to be moved feel free to move it.

I found out this week that our local Chili's resturant doesn fundraisers for non-profits. The manager told me they will donate 10% of sales on the night you pick to do it and they will let you do them as often as you want as long as the dates are available. So, if you didn't know about that and you have a Chili's it sounds like an easy no fuss fundraiser!

2. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

oh wow! I wonder if any other Brinker restuarant does that? I like Chili's and all but Saltgrass would be the bomb!!!

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

most Harley Dealers will do a bike wash etc for charity, just have to fill out a form.

4. bpire2002

bpire2002 Registered User

ideas for fundraising

ok im sure you all have the same problem but I think we need more options than just selling briskets. anyone ever put on a skeet shoot? anything else anyone can offer for ideas would be great
    thanks

5. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

I know the guys in Lebanon #837 in Frisco have a skeet shoot planned for October, I believe. Plus I think there was one just recently that I remember seeing on the GL Calendar.

I also had an idea of doing something like an Amazing Race type of event. Basically a city wide scavenger hunt. The main expense would be the clue books.

I also thought about maybe having a poker tournament, where player would pay an entry fee to play for a chance to win prizes that are determined by their placing in the tournament. There will be no cash prizes, since that would fall under gambling.

If you can partner up with a field or have a field donated, having a softball tournament. Especially if you live in a city with a nearby university. Most of the organization have some type of intramural team. And it could be a good source of new members as well.

6. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

Cow Patty Bingo. Need I say more?

7. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

That's all fun and games until it hits the fan. LOL

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

Ive been trying to figure out how to have an Iron Chef among stewards for a fund raiser (if not just for fun)

9. ljlinson1206

ljlinson1206 Premium Member Premium Member

I like that idea. But why limit it to only Stewards? There may actually be some possabilities here.

Also, as for ideas, Golden Rule is having a Hot Rod/ Bike Show on Saturday October 23rd. If anyone wants info on it let me know, or I'll post it here later in the week. We are hoping to bring in a large crowd.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  10. Preston DuBose

Preston DuBose Registered User

Our lodge had our very first car show this past spring, with mixed success. We plan on doing it again next year. I'm also looking at doing a smaller fundraiser this fall (seenin' as how I'm the fundraising committee chair). Thinking about something like a domino tournament or a pancake breakfast.

Share My Freemasonry