My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New High School Helmet Law

Beathard

Premium Member
The new high school football helmet law passed today.

The bill will ban helmets after their 15th year and require helmets that are 10 years old or older to be reconditioned at least once every two years.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
And how do they plan to enforce this or audit this to ensure that the standards are being met???

Has anyone found out what is happening with these teenager athletes that are passing away due to heart problems? Been a few of the even just in Texas in the last several weeks. I only got to skim over it on the news, but was curious. Didn't mean to sidetrack from the topic.

Jacob Johnson

how expensive ARE helmets? I would think that they shouldn't be reconditioned but replaced PERIOD. you don't screw around with safety.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
Gee I read this and wonder, how out of touch are these mandates?

Check out the following:

As protective padding improves, NFL players use helmets as “armamentâ€

Is It Time to Retire the Football Helmet?

When the evidence says just the opposite; it makes me wonder… Is it the nanny state, or the helmet manufacturer that desires this mandate? It would seem there needs to be a paradigm shift made or at the very least an in depth investigation as to the real cause… Some times it pays not to use “your headâ€.

Beathard

Premium Member
I am also concerned about our state legislature passing unfunded mandates at the same time the are cutting the schools budgets. The only place the schools can really cut is payroll. They have to get rid of teachers and make class sizes larger. Our kids are going to suffer. Is it time for masons to start opening schools again?