New Houston Scottish Rite Building

Discussion in 'The Scottish Rite' started by Jericho2013, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Premium Member

Does anyone in the Houston valley have any recent info on the status of the new building? I am seeing on the website that the opening was supposed to be summer 2012. Thanks!

2. corpuswinn

corpuswinn Registered User

It is scheduled to be ready in November. The cornerstone ceremony is Tuesday, October 15th.

3. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Premium Member

Thanks. Yeah I heard at the lodge last night it was slated for a November 1st. opening.

Freemason Connect HD

4. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Very much looking forward to the opening date. Here's an invitation to all the valleys to join us for our new theatre in the round degrees. Much thought, time, and money has gone into the presentation. Houston will be the first. Look for this presentation format to spread throughout many of the southern jurisdiction valleys in the future.

5. Zaden

Zaden Registered User

Will the cornerstone ceremony be open to the public? I'd love to see that, though it will still be some time before I'll be able to set sights on the SR degrees.

6. M.Prejean

M.Prejean Registered User

It will be an open ceremony.

7. Zaden

Zaden Registered User

And how can one find out the specifics of the event (time, etc.)? I don't see anything about it on the valley's website.

8. M.Prejean

M.Prejean Registered User

The building is at 2401 W. Belfort Ave., Houston, TX, 77054.
    There will be an opening at Holland Lodge at 10:00, but I'm unclear as to whether that portion of the event is open to the public or not. Perhaps one of my brothers can enlighten me.
    Following that, we will convene for the Leveling by M: W: Walter M. Rodgers at the new building at 11:00.

9. otherstar

otherstar Registered User

I would assume that they are talking about opening a representation of the Grand Lodge prior to leveling a cornerstone...that would be a tiled event...so no public allowed.

Share My Freemasonry