My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new junior deacon

choppersteve03

Premium Member
well i was appointed the new junior deacon of acacia 176, i must say i have my reservations about this position. this is my first time as a lodge officer,and iam worried about doing a good job. do any of you brothers have any words of advise?

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
Congrats,

Take your time read over your book and learn your part. It is also important to visit other lodges to see how the work is done there. Don't be shy when it is time for candidates to go through.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Congrats Brother! I am certain you will do just fine. Remember even men that have been doing this for years and years will occasionally stumble and mumble through their parts. Nothing to worry about it is all a part of the learning process.

Mac

Premium Member
The Junior Deacon is a wonderful starting point for participation in our ceremonies. Congratulations!

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
First of all congratulations!! Trust me, you will do just fine!!

The Junior Deacon's position is a wonderful place to begin your journey as an officer. In fact that is exactly where I began my journey. The job is relatively easy at my Lodge, you'd be responsible for the flags outside, the floor in the narthex and Lodge room, putting the officers jewels out and setting other parts of the Lodge up before the meetings, and most importantly guarding the inner door. This is a time to really begin to learn your role as inner guard, sharpen your examination skills with the assistance of the Senior Deacon. This is a great position to meet new Brethren!!