My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Junior Steward

Keith C

Congratulations!

I am always interested in how different jurisdictions work. Were you elected or appointed?

Will you be installed or just assume the position?

Keith C

I was elected. The incoming WM nominates candidates and then the brethren vote on them. We will be installed.
Very interesting!

Here in PA only WM, SW, JW, Sec, Tres, Reps to Grand Lodge and Trustees are elected. Only WM, SW, JW, Sec & Treas are Installed. All the Floor Officers are appointed at the Will and Pleasure of the WM.

Bloke

Premium Member
We vote on WM, Treasure & Tyler as officer. AND some positions, auditors and MM and PM reps on the Lodge Committee - which does not make decisions, but recommendations to the lodge.
All others are appointed by the incoming WM.
Everyone is "invested" except WM, SW and JW who are "Installed"

Congrats @mvantuyl taking office is a great way to serve and learn :)

Keith C

I was elected. The incoming WM nominates candidates and then the brethren vote on them. We will be installed.

We vote on WM, SW, JW, Trea & Sec.
All others are appointed by the incoming WM.
Everyone is installed.

So is the election process not defined by the Grand Lodge of Texas and the decision whether Officers are elected or appointed left up to the individual Lodges to decide?

Illuminatio

Premium Member
I was elected Junior Steward at out June meeting. We are to be installed June 24th (Saint John the Baptist Day).
Great job getting involved right away! I'm more and more convinced that Lodges lose some of their newer Brethren due to not getting them involved in the work early enough and instead, letting them sit on the sidelines merely observing for too long. Enjoy the new position!

mvantuyl

Premium Member
Great job getting involved right away! I'm more and more convinced that Lodges lose some of their newer Brethren due to not getting them involved in the work early enough and instead, letting them sit on the sidelines merely observing for too long. Enjoy the new position!
Thank you!

K4DL

I am just starting my first position. Our lodges elect WM, SW, JW, SD, JD, Tyler, Sec, and Treasurer. Stewards are appointed by the WM. They have had me in the JD position pro tem since I was raised. I was elected to the SD position and installed last night. I have a lot of work to learn the work but I will do it.

MarkR

Premium Member
I am just starting my first position. Our lodges elect WM, SW, JW, SD, JD, Tyler, Sec, and Treasurer. Stewards are appointed by the WM. They have had me in the JD position pro tem since I was raised. I was elected to the SD position and installed last night. I have a lot of work to learn the work but I will do it.
73 de KB9RM