New masonic symbol

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Scotty32, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Scotty32

Scotty32 Registered User

I know this will sound crazy, but yesterday I bought an ant farm While at pets mart getting stuff for the dog. Yes I said an ant farm. As I watched the ants dig, I had a masonic moment:
    They work together like no other. All passed the grain down the line to build the hill. If we use the beehive as the symbol of industry and geometric perfection, would it be crazy to think of an ant hill as a symbol of team work and community?
    Your thoughts...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. gortex6

gortex6 Guest

The honey bee is a hidden creature that holds modern human civilization at its mercy. Without this pesky insect most of our industrialized farming industry would collaps and masses would die of starvation. The ancients chose the beehive as a symbol with great wisdom.

3. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

You know, I just find it awesome that we can find Masonry everywhere. Even in an "ant farm".

4. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

it indeed can be representative of a lodge.

wait until i call our master of the lodge the "queen"

5. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

"queen" wow, would our master get off on that one! I had an ant farm, loved to see them work, would set for hours looking at them work.

6. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

LoL. We call our WM, Beast in the East...not sure how he will take to "queen"

7. LRG

LRG Premium Member

thats too much "beast in the east";)

Share My Freemasonry