My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mexico Grand Lodge and Sandia Mountain Lodge #72

Brother Maples

Blake was not sure if this is the right place for this or not.

Would like to give a shout out to the Brothers at the Grand Lodge of NM for giving me a tour of their Grand Lodge in my short stay while in Albuquerque during thanksgiving week. As I had both my kids with me while taking the tour, I asked one of the brothers if any lodges were doing business this week and he gave me the info on Sandia Mountain Lodge #72. That evening I went to Lodge #72, as I walked in several brothers were staring at me at the door probably thinking who in the heck it this cat. I introduced myself and was received with a warm welcome. They were actually practicing on their Installation of Officers and they looked pretty darn good. At the end I was talking to one of the brothers, Jay Williams I believe. He asked me the reason I was in town and I informed him that my mother'n law was ill and was going to be here until the weekend. He then preceded to ask me if I was in distress, if we needed anything...a place to stay ect, which we were not but it damn sure felt good knowing if my family or I was in distress there are brothers like these to help one another out if needed.

I have been is the great fraternity for 2 1/2 years now and like I tell everyone else, it was one of the best decision's I ever made.

Thanks again Jay and to the other brothers that made a Texas brother feel welcome, if yall are ever in the Dallas area look me up.

Last edited:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I know many of the Sandia Brethren and will pass on your praise. I hope your mother-in-law has recuperated.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Next time I am in New Mexico I may have to try to get by there. It is a bit out of my way though from where I usually go. It is always great to hear stories like this and makes me proud to be a part of an organization that treats its members worldwide like this. There are not a lot of places that can same that today, not even most churches.

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
I have always found New Mexico brethren to upright and straight. I am starting to go to New Mexico more now, and visited Mesa Lodge #68 in 2008 and was impressed by the quality of men there. I keep going on odd weeks when no lodges meet, but will strive further to sit in lodge with them again.

S&F,
-Bro Vick