New to the forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mark D. Morse, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM.

1. Mark D. Morse

Mark D. Morse Registered User

Good morning Brethren, for a quick introduction... I am a member of Ionic Lodge #38 in Hamilton, MT and was raised in 2016. I am a very active member of my lodge and found this forum while searching for the significance of the Junior Deacon's knocks. I'm retired military with a combined total of 27 years in the Marines, Navy and Army. In my spare time I enjoy making custom knives and fortunately for me one of the brothers in my lodge makes custom handle material. I was installed as Junior Deacon for this year and am looking for as much information as I can possibly absorb in order to better serve my lodge. I look forward to communicating with my Brothers outside of my lodge.

Bloke likes this.
  2. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Brother. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

3. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Fraternal Greetings and Welcome to the Forum!

4. Mark D. Morse

Thank you Brothers

5. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Welcome, Brother. I’d be interested in seeing some of your work...

6. Mark D. Morse

The pic that I put up for my avatar is my latest and one of my "go to" profiles. The handle has an interesting story though. It was made out of another Brother's grandfathers WWII uniform that had been burned. He asked if I could make a knife with the uniform as a handle to be able to pass it down to his grand children. I gave it to him and his son last night and they loved it.

Winter likes this.
  7. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Post up some pics of your work. We'dove to see them.

8. Mark D. Morse

As requested, here are a few knives that I've done recently. The dagger was made for my lodge to use in the EA degree, if you look at it closely you can see the square and compass etched on the blade. I'm still trying to come up with a "Masonic" knife. I tried to get some Acacia wood from Jerusalem but found that it is illegal to export.

Attached Files:

Chaz likes this.
  9. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Beautiful work, Brother! Thank you for sharing. Do you have an online store?

10. Mark D. Morse

No online store. This is pretty much just a hobby. At one point I had a briefcase full of knives that needed new homes and now it seems like I have a hard time keeping up with those who want one.

Brother JC and Winter like this.
  11. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Thanks for posting those, beautiful work!

12. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Greetings and welcome

13. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Fraternal Greetings and Welcome !

Share My Freemasonry