Newly Elected Worshipful Master

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by mrpierce17, Dec 6, 2018.

1. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

I was elected to the chair of Worshipful Master of my Lodge on last Saturday there is much work for me ahead this will not be an easy task but then again nothing worth while ever is any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Brother JC and dfreybur like this.
  2. Bro. David F. Hill

Bro. David F. Hill David F. Hill Premium Member

Remember that there is a lot difference between a leader and a boss. I have a library of books to share with you if you want me to. They are in PDF and stored online. Send me a message with your email address if you want me to share.

Brother David Hill

Todd M. Stewart and mrpierce17 like this.
  3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Congratulations Brother !

mrpierce17 likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations Brother! My next meeting will be the last as my first time as Master of a lodge. My advice is to listen to the council of Past Master who have been there and done that. However, do not let anyone "bully" you into doing anything that you do not want to do or not doing something that you want to do. As I said at the beginning of my time as Master...."I listen to and carefully consider advice but I do not take orders".

mrpierce17 and Todd M. Stewart like this.
  5. Todd M. Stewart

Todd M. Stewart Premium Member

Congratulations! First and foremost do not hesitate to ask for help and advice from Past Masters. The Brother that proceeded me in the East had been WM twice. I asked him to be my Chaplain, and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. Having that voice of experience sitting next to me was invaluable. Hopefully you have had a chance to attend your jurisdiction's Grand Lodge annual communication when your were in the South and West. Make every effort to attend as WM as it will have a plethora of information for you. Lastly, do not take everything upon yourself. Delegation is key to accomplishment. May your year in the East be as memorable and enjoyable as mine was.

mrpierce17 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry