No Women in the Frat but Could we Share our Rituals

Discussion in 'The Voting Booth' started by rhitland, Sep 9, 2008.

?

Can we Share Rituals with Women?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Not only No, squash the Women talk

41 vote(s)
    51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

Having Women in our Frat probably is not the best thing I agree but could we not have a Masonic Sorority that has the same GL laws, same Lodge setup, & exact same rituals just Women only but where we are all one unified body and could discover the Mysteries through Masonry together?

2. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I would probably support having a separate branch of Freemasonry for Women.

3. cmoreno85tx

cmoreno85tx Registered User

I'm down with that. Awesome idea !!

4. Nate C.

Nate C. Registered User

There is already just such an organization. It's called Order of Eastern Star. I tend to be pretty open minded about progressive ideas, but I don't think making Masonry fully co-ed is a step in the right direction.

5. david918

david918 Premium Member

There is already a grand lodge of Women masons http://www.owf.org.uk/
    David Broman
    Secy&PM El Campo#918
    MC Wharton#621

6. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

I am for an all women sorority of masonry. I think they should be able to have the lessons that we as Masons are taught. But I don't think they should mix in Lodge at least anytime soon. Really no reason just don't know about that.

7. cpmorgan2

cpmorgan2 Guest

Why cant we drop this women in Masonry talk? I am not sexist. But in all 3 degrees we do something that a real woman would not do in front of any other than her spouse, not a room full of men or a room full of women either. Think about what that thing is that I'm talking about...

8. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

No, not at this time, our work would have to change and I am not for changing any of the work inregard to woman.

9. Texas_Justice85

Texas_Justice85 Registered User

10. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

What if women had their own sorority that was strictly women with Masonic principals. Much like the Eastern Star but only women? I mean looks like the concensus is NO for women in Blue Lodge.

11. jonesvilletexas

Brother Texas, are you the one that will have his MM degree Friday night at the Grand Lodge Temple?
    If so I might be working in the degree M:.W:. Griffin and I talked back in July but the committee has not told me anything as of yet, but you can bet I will be there, would not miss it for the world.

12. jonesvilletexas

Brother Blake I love your new Logo, with the Red, White and blue, looks great. Can I use it in some work I am doing on other web sites?

13. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Sure, I have a larger logo if you prefer.

14. gortex6

gortex6 Guest

There is such a thing, but they are irregular.
    Grand Orient of US
    Co-masonry
    Ancient and Primitive Rite of Memphis-Misraim

15. Texas_Justice85

I sure am. I cannot tell you how excited I am and how greatful that my brothers have done this for me.

16. Texas_Justice85

Some people call it the PTA :D

17. Curtis Wilson

Curtis Wilson Registered User

There is an organization called Co-Masonry of America. It has lodges throughout North America. I found it when searching though Colorado and stumbled across it. It was not AF &AM. This is still Men only, with outlets for Women in OES.

18. eagle1966

eagle1966 Guest

don't we "make good "men" better"?

19. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Women are certainly every bit as capable of learning and living by masonic principals as men -- but as others have said, many already do, in the OES.

Since female petitioners must be related to a master mason in good standing, however, the opportunity for ladies to join is a bit more restrictive than the blue lodge is for us men. OTOH, their petitions are much shorter and less detailed than ours. Perhaps a female branch of masonry itself wouldn't be a bad thing, but it would open up a whole new can of worms. For example:

* Would we fraternallly recognize them, and they, us? SHOULD we? If so, what about co-masons, who admit both genders, but are generally considered clandestine?
    * Might very well cause a major decline in membership of the OES -- perhaps even a fatal one.
    * Would they, like the Star ladies, be sisters -- or like us, brothers?
    * Could we/should we go beyond merely recognizing them -- and consider them in amity? Doing such a thing would effectively make blue lodges co-ed anyway, wouldn't it?

Personally, I'm not for much of anything that changes the current definition of what makes a Texas blue lodge regular -- not shortening the work, nor admitting women. Our tradition is what defines us, and sets us apart from all the other fraternal/public groups out there. We don't ned to be more like the rest of them.

20. scottmh59

scottmh59 Registered User

lol:beer:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmExAiCcaPk"]YouTube - Helen Reddy I Am Woman LIVE Midnight Special 1975[/ame]

woman are in numbers too big to ignore

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share My Freemasonry