My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes from Panama, Opening of the XVI World Conference of Regular Masonic Grand Lodges

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
A decision was made as to which Grand Lodge of Mali would be seated. It was the Grand Lodge recognized by the Home grand lodges and recommended the CGMNA that was seated. The contenders were admitted as observers.

As some may recollect, recognition of the Grand Lodge of Albania was previously withdrawn by many grand lodges. They declined to send in a list of their current recognitions. If attending, they will be admitted as observers.

Similarly, the Grand Lodge of Kazakhstan failed to send in a list of recognitions, and were seated as observers.

Thos. Jackson, PGSec of PA, and PExecSec of the Conference, pointed out that the purpose of Freemasonry is not to change the world; not to change society, but to change men. We are elitist in the sense that we take in good men.

Geo. Seghers of the Geo. Washington Memorial discussed the life of Geo. Washington and the purpose of the Memorial. A presentation was made to set up an international Masonic exhibit.

http://www.wcrmgl2018.com/?page_id=46

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
The Grand Master of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas is in attendance. How great to see so many jurisdictions meeting on the level. Hopefully they will do like the UGLE and publish pictures and videos.

Brother David Hill

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Friday morning session:
Bolivia: Addressed a charter of human rights and has held congresses every two years on the subject, and Freemasonry’s role, including the promotion of open government. 2019 will be the year of human duties (deberes) for that GL. They have a duty to instruct brethren on those duties. Noted are duties to observe the law of nature. This was not discussed in detail, with only the caption listed.

PHA Texas. Outlined participation of individual PHA members in obtaining education and rights for African Americans.

Grand Orient Italy: Spoke of “masonphobia” in Italy. He noted the seizure of the records by police in Calabria of records of the four main obediences. There is draft legislation to declare membership and even prohibit public employees from membership. As in Spain they asked for support. [I note that at the informal conference in Spain, the GLs declined to be politically involved].

Israel (location of the 2020 Conference): Why did I fail in my journey into Freemasonry? Why did I fail to instill the principles of Freemasonry? He noted that despite living in an area of prophets, blood is still spilled. However, his lodge has many of many faiths. Why is this not being transmitted to others? In the past, Freemasons would have been found in government. He went through the role of Freemasons in historic France and the New World, including “irregular” feminine masons in WWII. He also described leadership in the US and Cuba.

He exhorted Freemasons to be active in society. He specifically noted our principles of equality includes various classes which he listed.

Freemasonry must go forth as a political party.

Panamá: Human Rights, as adopted by France and UN. Freemasonry in practically all of its conference meetings discusses human rights and adopts a proposal on it. The UN has defined and approved a wide range of rights. They have expanded those rights [I note President Carter signed the covenant in 1977, but the US Senate has not ratified]. He listed various rights recognized. Human rights go hand in hand with universal morality. He discussed the use of fake news by politicians. He noted millions who use Facebook. We should search for truth. We should verify information. The ability of the media to manipulate society is immense. The government can engage in censorship. We must engage in critical thinking. Intelligence services have lead us into war, noting specifically Iraq. He then discussed a SA totalitarian regime. Large pharmaceutical corporations give rumors of epidemics to boost their sales. Our youth have lost the art of thinking freely.

A commentator responded that we don’t apply those principles in our lodges. We promise this to young people, they don’t find it, and they return to their computers. Valle de Mexico further claimed Mexico has the most cultural history in the world. He mentioned immigration. He was asked about women during the conference. His response: Freemasons seek perfection. Women are perfect. Therefore, women do not need to seek Freemasonry. [I considered awarding a special citation for chauvinism, but refrained. ]