My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O. K. Allen Lodge No. 33 (Louisiana's Newest T. O. Lodge) - Update

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Brethren,

I am pleased to give the following update on Louisiana's newest edidtion in the Traditonal Observance Lodge format. As you are all very much aware, almost a year ago, the distinguished Brethren from LA set forth in creating this new Lodge that is to be operated under the Scottish Rite Ritual* format. As a charter member of this new lodge and dual member of TX and LA, I am honored to offer the following update:

"O.K. Allen Lodge was granted a dispensation to operate as a masonic lodge by M.W. Bro. Woody D. Bilyeu, Grand Master of Masons in Louisiana, in December of 2010. On June 8, 2011, M.W. Bro. B.J. Guillot instituted the lodge under dispensation, and on February 4, 2012, M.W. Bro. Guillot signed a charter officially designating the lodge as O.K. Allen Lodge, No. 33, and granting it full authority to work as a lodge under the Grand Lodge of the State of Louisiana." ~ Lodge Secretary

"O. K. Allen Lodge No. 33 F.&A.M. of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Louisiana is the second ever Traditional Observance Lodge in the State of Louisiana. Named after the late Governor and Freemason Oscar Kelly Allen, Bro. O. K. Allen was born in Louisiana but received his degrees in a Texas Lodge so its very appropriate to have a Bro. Master Mason from Texas as one of our charter members." ~ W.:B.: Bryan Price, Worshipful Master

Brother Oscar Allen, did indeed recieve all of his degrees within the jurisdiction of the GLoTX. Bro. Allen was Raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason in Waxahachie, TX. I feel that it is important to mention that along with the TX Brother, Six Past Grand Masters, and the current Deputy Grand Master will be affixed to the Charter documentation.

393935_10150776960724689_503509688_12339748_1901372246_n.jpg

IN THIS PHOTO (Sunday, February 5, 2012 at the 201st Grand Communication of the Grand Lodge of Louisiana) - Most Worshipful Bro. B. J. Guillot, Grand Master of the GLoLA presents Worshipful Bro. Bryan Price, Worshipful Master and other Charter Members the Charter for O. K. Allen Lodge No. 33. It is historically interesting that this Lodge is the only new lodge to receive its charter in the same year as the 200th anniversary of the chartering of the GLoLA. 1812-2012

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150776960724689&set=p.10150776960724689&type=1&theater

(*) The Brethren have chosen to not operate in the SR Format at present.

Please join me in congratulation theses Brethren!!

Stewart M. Owings
Charter Member - O. K. Allen Lodge No. 33

Last edited:

Bryan

O. K. Allen takes the oath of office (1932) on the steps of the Louisiana State Capitol Building in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Governor Allen a native of Winn Parish, Louisiana, was a member of Eastern Star Lodge No. 151 F&AM in Winnfield, Louisiana. He passed away in the Governor's mansion in Baton Rouge in 1936 after a brain hemorrhage and is buried in the Winnfield City Cemetery.

allen005.jpg

Brethren Its official: Constitution of O. K. Allen Lodge No. 33 F&AM

Special Called Meeting (open)
Date: Sunday February 26, 2012
Time: 2PM
Where: Lodge Hall of Eastern Star Lodge in Winnfield, Louisiana
Dress: Dark suits and Dark ties

Light refreshments will be served following the cremony