OES & significant others

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by mrpierce17, Jan 26, 2015.

1. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

How many brothers encourage their wives to join OES ? How long after you became a MM did you wait before mentioning ? Are you also a member of OES ?

2. ebojones

ebojones Registered User

My wife was researching as I was being entered, passed, and raised. She is being initiated this coming Saturday.

mrpierce17 likes this.
  3. Bro. David F. Hill

Bro. David F. Hill David F. Hill Premium Member

When we meet a candidate, it is one of the things that I mention. Many times it turns out that she has a bloodline connection and could conceivably get in before he does.

mrpierce17 likes this.
  4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

My wife and I were both initiated and involved in Eastern Star within a short few years of my being Raised.

Unfortunatley in our local group is what I would consider to be "old". It would be safe to say that the mean age of the current membership is 60+ years of age, and 95% of those who are active have already been through the East. For my wife and I, we served as Worthy Matron & Patron within 3 years of our joining the group. My wife currently serves our chapter as Secretary, and I as Sentinel.

When I am able to attend the meetings, we enjoy the time that we spend together within th group!

mrpierce17 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry