Ohio Mason

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HARRY5332, Apr 12, 2016.

1. HARRY5332

HARRY5332 Registered User

Hello, My name is Harold, I have been a Master Mason for a while now, but sadly have not been as active as I would like to be. I have moved around quite a bit in the last few years and have not made time to get into lodge. I am settled in an area in northeast Ohio now that I think I will be staying in, and have more extra time than I used to, and I would like to get back into it. Sadly I am intimidated and worried that I have forgotten everything that I would need to know to get back in, which has kept me from going to this point. Where can I brush up on knowledge to get comfortable with what I had previously learned? Thank you for the help.

Classical likes this.
  2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Were you Raised to the Sublime Deg in Ohio? if not then what you learned wont help probably. Also even if you have forgotten, just look up the nearest lodge, and find out when they meet and go about an hr before the meeting.

BTW are you currently in good standing with your mother lodge? if not you gotta start there

3. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

If you are not in good standing write your lodge and ask how to become current. Nearly all US jurisdictions have a tradition of paying near two years dues to come current again. Then you'll be in good standing ready to transfer to a local lodge.

When you go it's okay to feel intimidated but remember you're among family. Tell them it's been a long time and you'll need help. You'll get a crowd of Brothers to help instruct you. More than enough will come back. The motions have muscle memory like riding a bicycle. Once you see them your arms will remember.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  4. HARRY5332

I was Raised to MM in April 2010. I am in good standing with my lodge, I have never missed a payment, just have not been to lodge in about 4 years.

The Undertaker likes this.
  5. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Ull be good bro

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

6. HARRY5332

I am certainly going to try once I get off of Night shift. Thank you.

7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Yep, just go knocking on their door....

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Very good advise. Good luck brother and welcome to the forum.

9. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Greetings and welcome. Good advice by Bro. Doug.

10. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Welcome Bro. Harold!

11. The Undertaker

The Undertaker Premium Member

I do not know where you live or work in northeast Ohio, but there is a "day light" lodge in Berea, which is a suburb of Cleveland. I believe it is "Meridian Lodge." Check with Grand Lodge of Ohio website for loads of good information.

Share My Freemasonry