OK Indian MM Degree

Discussion in 'Freemasonry In Texas' started by Plustax, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

2. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

Bloke likes this.
  3. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

I've never understood what the marvelous part of this degree team is, though I've heard it mentioned several times.
    Can someone enlighten me? I understand they have wonderful ritual which I appreciate, but what are the other draws?

4. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

There are about 12-14 Indians each from different tribes that conduct the degree while in their tribe clothing. The WM also wears a full indian head dress. There is a few differences in which the ritual is conducted, but with permission from the OK GM. Very impressive to see them all in full tribal gear.

Bloke likes this.
  5. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

Thanks for the info. I understand how full tribal clothing must be an impressive thing, I just don't get what it at all has to do with a Master Mason's degree. How do those two things belong together?

6. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

It is as you said a Master Mason's Degree. No worries, you probably wouldn't enjoy it.

7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Like those who've never been initiated not understanding initiation, I'm sure people (including me who've only seen photos) could offer all sorts of reasons, but the one way to find out, either way, it to attend...

I wear a dinner suit, that's important to me to assist in our lodges preparation, mood and the impression it makes on candidates, I'm sure these bros, likewise create something special.. I'd check it out if I could...

8. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

Getting closer..tickets are going fast.

Share My Freemasonry