My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

openoffice.org

R

RJS

You are right, that is an excellent open source product. I have used off and on for some time since the turn of the Millennium. You should also check out Google Docs, it is like just like office as well but an online version so that no matter where you are as long as you have access to the Internet you can have access to an Office Suite and the documents you create. I think it's pretty neat, I use it as well.

Curtis Wilson

One caution is that if you have any applications built in Microsoft Access, they will not work in OpenOffice. At least that has been my experience. The Lodge database that we use is in Access. However, Microsoft Word can be open and saved as Word files from within OpenOffice.

Wingnut

Premium Member
there are a lot of functions that intermediate to advanced users of excel wont find in the openoffice also.