openoffice.org

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by jonesvilletexas, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

;)If any of you brothers need an alternative to Microsoft Office. I came across this one called OpenOffice.org. As I have found so far it will do all that Microsoft will and some. And it is free, check it out. http://www.openoffice.org/

2. RJS

RJS Guest

You are right, that is an excellent open source product. I have used off and on for some time since the turn of the Millennium. You should also check out Google Docs, it is like just like office as well but an online version so that no matter where you are as long as you have access to the Internet you can have access to an Office Suite and the documents you create. I think it's pretty neat, I use it as well.

3. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Thanks brother I will look into it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  4. Curtis Wilson

Curtis Wilson Registered User

One caution is that if you have any applications built in Microsoft Access, they will not work in OpenOffice. At least that has been my experience. The Lodge database that we use is in Access. However, Microsoft Word can be open and saved as Word files from within OpenOffice.

5. RJS

RJS Guest

That's good information to know!

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

there are a lot of functions that intermediate to advanced users of excel wont find in the openoffice also.

Share My Freemasonry