My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

outdoor degree

fairbanks1363pm

have any of your lodges ever put on an outdoor degree. this is something we have kicked around. we have a place to do it. does the lodge have to have dispensation to do a degree outdoors? any info would be good.

E

eagle1966

the lodges in district 75 and other surrounding districts have been putting on a out door mm degree for many years, we have an Assoication call the Mulberry Canyon Association.
I have not been privy to the inner working of getting dispensation to hold the degrees, but I did see an brother who has been involved making a post here maybe he will see this and reply good luck

nick1368

i have been wanting to go to one for sometime now. seems like when there is one there always something else going on.

LRG

Premium Member
I was given an all out FMRC out door degree and it was great. I've been to many inside-normal- degrees and still have to say, mine hit the spot.
Out door degrees should be encouraged

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
My home Lodge hosts an outdoor Masters Degree each year for the last two years usually in October (candidate pending). To the best of my knowlege the Lodge does have to obtain dispensation from the GL in order to conduct work, as well as all the other KNOWN requirements to work.

I will keep you all posted on our 2009 date....

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
Hardeman #179 (Luling) has the Lem Maddox Degree down at Hochheim, TX in May. It's held on the banks of the Guadalue River. Usually Gonzales #30 and Hardeman take turns on having the candidate for the degree. The Scottish Rite Degree Team from Austin confers the degree in period 1800's clothing. It's quite impressive. If I'm not mistaken it should be on Saturday, May 16th.