My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pancake Breakfast in Hearne

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Hearne's Golden Rule Lodge 361 is going to have a Pancake Breakfast Saturday May 2nd. It will start at about 8 A.M., and go until about 10 A.M. The location is the Downtown Steakhouse and BBQ. It is a restaurant located in the downstairs of our Lodge located at the intersection of 4th and Cedar St. in Hearne. We are going to try this, and see how it goes, and may make it a regular event each month. The good thing is that if you miss breakfast, you can still have a good steak or BBQ. The owner of the business is Brother Paul Vaughn, who is from a family of GREAT BBQ cookers and Masons. If you have questions, feel free to leave me a message. We will also be having a Fish Fry for our Past Masters, and Widows on the evening of May 16th, and will welcome visitors.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
We hope to make it a fundraiser. Our main goal is to get some of our Brethren to come by, and spend some time, as well as perhaps be able to let the public know a little more about us. At one time, our Lodge was a pretty well known, and from what I hear, it had a fine degree team. Many of those who were Masons were also involved in the start, and continued operation of our Volunteer Fire Department. When I joined the FD, I saw things I heard about from Masons, and now that I am a Mason, I understand many of the things these men did for the VFD, as well as the community, and the Lodge. Perhaps we can get some of our Brothers to come back by, as well as introduce others to the Craft.

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Hippie, might I suggest posting an "ad" in your local newspaper. Many papers have a side column in which various community announcements can be published. I'm sure it would be free or cost very little. Putting one in ours really boosted the number of people who show up, most of which have been other Masons or affiliated.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Thanks Rob, I will be posting a notice in the local papers. Since we are a small and rural area (entire county), the highlight of the week is to get to town on Wednesday, and by a copy of the local Weekly paper :) I had a BIG change in life to make when I moved here from "The Big City", but it is really neat. We are hoping to jump start some of the folks who have not been around in a while, as well as interest new folks. I have been working on a flyer to get to the other Lodges in the area, as well as in some of the businesses etc. Jump on Highway 6, and mosey on down for the morning. If you miss the breakfast, there will be some great BBQ served a little later by the Brother who owns the restaurant.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
An update to the breakfast... We served for 2 hours, and raised a total of $165.00 clear. We invested $100.39 in mix, drinks, and so on including plates, cups, utensils. The $165.00 was after deducting the costs. Not bad for a small town, a small Lodge, and a LOT of great hungry folks :) We may well now make this a once a month ordeal, as many of the folks who came, asked about that. It was a little hectic at times, but we made it. Wives and daughters helped out, and that made a big difference! I must say that this was an idea from one of our Brothers who is not able to attend Lodge much anymore due to illness. Brother Pete Morgan told me they used to have breakfast in the Lodge, and I talked to the Wm and the members about it. The WM asked me during the meeting to speak on it. A motion was made, and so on. The WM then told me it was my idea, and to make the best of it. Several folks here also gave me a lot of help, and ideas Thanks. Will post more for the next one.