My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Papers on Masonic Apron

Rinesh Hegde

Dear Brethren,

I am attempting to write a short paper on Masonic Aprons and would love to read some papers to get some insights. These papers could be either written by members of this forum or anyone whom you know. I have already collected some and I am trying to think if I can go deep in the symbolism of Masonic Aprons.

I am interested in understanding the significance of wearing an apron and the style of wearing it.

Hope I am not stepping over the line by asking such a favour, kindly forgive me if I am.

In case brethren cannot share the data or the link, they can at least guide me in thinking in the right direction.

Yours fraternally,
Bro. Rinesh Hegde

CLewey44

I think some good ideas would be researching the different styles. As in the U.S., we wear (typically) a single style but just wear it differently. Also with the rosettes in other countries. There are also PM ones etc.

Rinesh Hegde

I think some good ideas would be researching the different styles. As in the U.S., we wear (typically) a single style but just wear it differently. Also with the rosettes in other countries. There are also PM ones etc.
Good idea!!! will try to see if I can get some good pictures of the same. I am wondering if I can get some notes on the various styles of the US Aprons... Back to Google.

euchertank

Rinesh
I know with us in the US, I do not know much yet myself, but we generally all receive the lamb skin then it is worn differently for the degrees, and tthen when you start to move on to the Rites, they change, or when you move up to D, SD, and the like. Other the that I have not been in to long to notice much else. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Come on man...u r starting to sound like a broken record. Instead of just saying some stuff like that how about expounding on it....such as....Brother based on my studies the lambskin apron in my jurisdiction is........

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

dfreybur

Premium Member
Still, if you are keen, consider the use of animal skins in native spiritual practices. Why are they so used? What parallels can we find in Masonry?

On the one hand most of us wear leather belts made from cow and we don't take on the symbolic creation that is the meaning of the cow.

On the other hand when we are handed our belt we are not told that every time we put it on, we are to remind ourselves of what the cow has symbolized in all ages before us.

Were we to select our own meaning for sheep, most of us would generally not chose the idea that they do no harm as the sole meaning.

I often write that each of us view symbols on our own, so each of us should find our own different meaning. Interesting how when it comes to this one symbol we are given explicit instructions in how to find its only meaning. Like there aren't plenty of other meanings floating around ready for our use.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
On the one hand most of us wear leather belts made from cow and we don't take on the symbolic creation that is the meaning of the cow.

On the other hand when we are handed our belt we are not told that every time we put it on, we are to remind ourselves of what the cow has symbolized in all ages before us.

Were we to select our own meaning for sheep, most of us would generally not chose the idea that they do no harm as the sole meaning.

I often write that each of us view symbols on our own, so each of us should find our own different meaning. Interesting how when it comes to this one symbol we are given explicit instructions in how to find its only meaning. Like there aren't plenty of other meanings floating around ready for our use.
Good one!