My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passed!.....But no FC yet.

nwendele

Well I finally did my proficiency tonight and passed. Yeah for me! Didn't matter how perfect I thought I had it down, I hit a few bumps in front of everybody, but made it through, wow that was a lot of work.
We had scheduled my proficiency for tonight and my FC for tomorrow night, last month. Unfortunately, right after getting home tonight, I check my e mail and see my FC has been canceled. Talk about a sinking feeling! Apparently, since I had taken over a year (due to work and not by much!) I have to re-petition the lodge before advancing. Doesn't seem to be a big deal, but now I have to wait until after the next stated meeting (a couple of weeks) before my FC. Oops. Guess that's what I get.
Bit of a roller coaster tonight!

Benton

Premium Member
That's standard if it takes you more than a year for your proficiency. If you just turned in all your work, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, and it'll be more of a formality.

Beathard

Premium Member
Benton is correct, it's just red tape caused by going over the year mark. Just kick back and relax. It will be over before you know it.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
All things in due time. Congratulations on your EA and once you have attained Fellowcraft spend time reflecting upon the many things talked about. Sometimes as a FC, we(been there, done that, and have the shirt) get focused on the memory work and not the many lessons contained within. Since I became a Master, and have had time to reflect more deeply upon the many lessons in Masonry, the Fellowcraft has by far become my favorite over time. So many little things contained there in.

nwendele

Thanks everyone. I was passed last week and am now on the calendar for the end of June. The clock is ticking! Back to studying!