My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passed my Fellowcraft proficiency!

Classical

Premium Member
I got a little sweaty, but made it through! It looks like I'll be raised at one of the meetings next month.

The question for me now is, what to do with all of the spare time I now have, now that I'm not running the lessons from the 2nd degree in my head 24/7?? :D

Bloke

Premium Member
Keep revisting them, inserting more time between each revision.... when there is months (years?) between those revisions but you still have perfect recall; then you can tell yoursekf you've learned them properly. Such lessons are not hurdles, they're learning you are best served by retaining.

That said, i'm sure there is more work coming your way :)

Oh ! And congratulations !!!

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I got a little sweaty, but made it through! It looks like I'll be raised at one of the meetings next month.

The question for me now is, what to do with all of the spare time I now have, now that I'm not running the lessons from the 2nd degree in my head 24/7?? :D
Let us know when your Third is scheduled

dfreybur

Premium Member
The question for me now is, what to do with all of the spare time I now have, now that I'm not running the lessons from the 2nd degree in my head 24/7?

Breathe. Next month you'll be back at it for your next proficiency.

Consider that once you have delivered your proficiencies, that's more of a starting point than an ending point. But from then on it's on your own time line.

Zack

Keep the catechism firmly in your mind as they are the foundations on which the Rituals are built. Also, the best way to "really" learn them is to teach them.

acjohnson53

Sweaty palms is fear leaving your body, cause you're on a mission...Keep Grinding Fellow Craft.."Your Journey has just begun".....I'm telling you it's not gonna be easy, but it's gonna be worth it....

Winter

Premium Member
Congratulations, Brother! The 2nd degree has always been one of my favorite and contains enough symbolism to fill a lifetime of further study.

acjohnson53

Any time I have to sit a read something it's teaching me something, and it's a whole lot of "I promises and Swears" in the Fellow Craft Degree....

Bloke

Premium Member
The lecture of the second degree is an overview of the seven liberal arts and sciences that constituted a classical education, plus an urging to lifelong learning.
Never heard that one.. but thanks and it makes sense...

Bloke

Premium Member
I'd never heard the term "Teaching Degree" before but it was obvious to me the first time I saw it here on this board.

I think of them all as teaching degrees. And I'm not being "smart"..... at the core of each degree is learning.... we paused mid way through our last third to eliminate an issue with our candidates step and s****. One of the themes at our lodge is are all there to learn,even the most experienced and knowledable of us.. sometimes I find fresh and untainted observations from newbies some of the most interesting...