My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passing Conversations

HKTidwell

Premium Member
You never know what a conversation may lead to. I own part of a Recycle company, a gentleman came through a few months back with a blue slipper on the back of his van. I asked if he was a Mason and he said that he was not but his brother in law was. He had been thinking on it for about three years but with all the things in his life didn't have time for it at this point. I could understand this sentiment because I had said the same things. I told him that in hindsight I wish I had pursued petitioning sooner. The work was intense but it wasn't that much.

Fast forward 6 months to today. He revisited the facility, unfortunately I did not recognize his face but when he backed up to the dock I once again saw the slipper. Instantly it triggered my memory as to who he was and the conversations of the past. We started talking and he said it was the words about "should have done it before and putting it off" that finally made him decide to petition. He was initiated a few weeks back and is working on his EA.

I guess the moral of the story is you never know how your actions and comments will affect somebody. Remember to always be cognizant about your actions and interactions with people because a simple comment may help or hinder a person. Hopefully he will be joining this site in the near future.

Sirius

I guess the moral of the story is you never know how your actions and comments will affect somebody. Remember to always be cognizant about your actions and interactions with people because a simple comment may help or hinder a person.

So true. Thanks for sharing.

owls84

Premium Member
That is great to hear. We are hearing more and more of these stories. The ones where people just need that nudge.

JBD

Premium Member
Absolutely perfect! We have to turn the decline in members around and do it now.
This situation ties to the discussion on the JW challenging the SW for the East. We cannot wait on tradition, we cannot wait on the "other guy", we cannot wait on the "other lodge". It is our responsibility, each of us individually to grow this fraternity WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE......delay is death to the fraternity.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I guess the moral of the story is you never know how your actions and comments will affect somebody. Remember to always be cognizant about your actions and interactions with people because a simple comment may help or hinder a person.

Well said.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
A great story indeed. I believe there are a lot of people out there that just need a nudge. I know I was one of them at one time.