PHA lodge in DC

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by squarebro_357, Sep 19, 2011.

  1. squarebro_357

    squarebro_357 Registered User

    Greetings brothers, i am a travelling man and i am scottish rite af&am. Here's where the problem lies, i went though my 3 degrees, and i made i decided to take the Prince Hall route because i kept hearing thats where i need to be, but When i made attempts to get healed, no one has followed up and let me know what i need to do....i want to be a shriner, but i need to be pointed in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. LukeD

    LukeD Registered User

    Get healed? I'm not familiar with that term in masonry.
  3. Benton

    Benton Premium Member

    Furthermore, who's telling you that you 'need' to be PHA? While PHA is predominantly African American, the racial exclusivity of the various Grand Lodges is (or should be) a thing of the past. It doesn't matter which Grand Jurisdiction you're under, so long as you're happy with them.
  4. bupton52

    bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

    Healed is a term that I have heard used by PHA brothers when referring to men coming from a jurisdiction not recognized by the GLoTX, MWPHGLoTX, or the UGLE wishing to join a Prince Hall Lodge.
  5. Bro.BruceBenjamin

    Bro.BruceBenjamin Premium Member

    Brother Squarebro357,

    Please send me your information via private message and I will direct you as to what you need to do.

    Brother Bupton52 is correct. There is a large number of unrecognized masons in the US. That being said the term 'healed' and the process of healing was created so that these brothers can have a avenue to join Prince Hall Masonry which is recognized by most Grand Lodges and UGLE.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

Share My Freemasonry